All reviews reception area swimming pool is very pleasant stay good size minute walk trulli area nice hotel air conditioning within walking distance town cereal puglia
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I spent 2 night only waiting for a room in another hotel.
The hotel is located close to downtown and has pool and the building is large.
I didn't find anything special, but proximity is a big plus.
Rooms are large and well equipped.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Unless you are after a corporate hotel with no character or courtesy, I would avoid Hotel Rampandula. Staff are quite rude and it exudes the feeling of a 1980s hotel desperate for business conferences. Independent travellers will feel uncomfortable here with the lack of charm and friendliness. However rooms are clean and the swimming pool is an asset. We were not greeted with a friendly hello, instead gruffly informed that our rooms were not ready yet. Before we decided if we would stay, the city room tax was being demanded.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2018

We spent 3 nights at the Ramapendula in May, 2018. We used the hotel as our central location from which we took day trips to other nearby cities. .The hotel has a very good breakfast and dining services are also available in the evening. The rooms are fairly large and clean. In front of the hotel, there is a large pool and an area with tables and chairs for relaxation. The hotel is within walking distance of the center of the city; although walking can be "challenging" because of traffic and lack of sidewalks on some streets. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at the Ramapendula

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank robertff
Reviewed 21 October 2017

The hotel is about 15 mins level walk from the beautiful Old Town with its quaint trulli.
Plenty of places to eat and other shops. Amazing market each thursday morning till 12.30 pm. Easy travel (a few minutes)by rail to the nearby towns of Locorotondo and Martina Franca. About two and a half hours by train to the capital, Bari. Well worth a day trip.

Room Tip: Best views from rooms facing the rear or the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Philip W
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I stayed at the Ramapendula in June 2017 with my 2 kids and my parents.

This was a great hotel. A 10 minute walk to the center of Alberobello we loved our stay here. The best part about the hotel was the beautiful pool area. My kids loved playing in the pool after a hot day of touring. There are 2 pools - one large and great for swimming laps. The second pool is ankle deep and great for small kids or sunbathing.

We ate each of our dinner meals at the restaurant which was delicious. The menu changes every night and our food was fresh and local to the area. Very reasonably priced too. Breakfast is your typical continental style breakfast. Fresh fruit, croissants, cereal, hard boiled eggs, cappuccino etc.

The rooms were standard size for a European hotel but clean with a good size bathroom with a tub. We had a beautiful view of an olive groove from our room. There was air conditioning but it was not super cold - they days were VERY hot and the room was perhaps a little warmer then I would have liked (I am one of those people that likes it to be SUPER cold) so this was probably my only complaint. I did ask the front desk to look into it to see if they cold make it colder - they did but apparently it was so hot that the system was on overdrive.

The reception area was spacious and they even had a reconstructed Trulli house as part of the décor. It was lovely.

As I mentioned before the hotel is a 10 minute walk to the main square and the start of the Trulli houses so we were able to walk there easily no problem.

There is plenty of parking and a small play area for kids.

If I am ever lucky enough to come back to Alberobello I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family