An outstanding resort set in the South West of Sicily near Sciacca. Beautiful rooms I think all with sea views and with fabulous bathrooms make this an idyllic spot for some autumn R&R. Only slight disappointment was the weather in early October - around 24C most of the time but a couple of very windy days and one wet thundery day but guess thats the season/ time of year for you and not the fault of the Resort! The rooms are spread around the grounds but generally within walking distance of the main building which houses the cocktail bar, the pool bar and restaurant, the breakfast restaurant and Fine Dining Restaurant. The three golf courses are fairly new and still need a bit of time to mature but they are links courses and you wouldnt expect too many trees etc anyway! Didnt try the golf but it looked challenging particularly on the windier days. The Spa is reputedly one of the largest in Europe and was very impressive, again set in a separate building opposite the main reception building with views mainly out to the golf courses. Excellent professional therapists. There is a small beach with white sand though I suspect the sand is imported as the rest of the coast is fairly pebbly. And a beach restaurant (Summer only).There were opportunities for sailing, wind surfing, boating from the beach and the resort has its own motor boat which guests can hire for sightseeing, fishing etc. Tennis Courts and I think shooting also available (didnt try as we were just chilling out!). There was also a daily schedule of various other activities if you wanted to join in. A very large double infinity pool with plenty of loungers etc and Palm Trees sets the scene between the hotel main building and the beach. The Golf clubhouse and shops are set away from the hotel towards the old "Torre" building which has been converted and added on to to provide locker rooms, 19th hole Bar and a delightful Trattoria style restaurant.
Golf buggies whisk you around the resort on request if you require, though walking was also a delight when the weather was good and there are hundreds of bicycles, including many child size and also even tandems available free to guests and they can be parked by your room and pretty well kept for your own use throughout your stay which was a fabulous idea. Only someone kept "riding off on one of "our ones" but quickly replaced with another! This is a delight especially as there are bike and walking trails that go around the golf courses and alongside Olive and Orange groves. The staff were all outstanding. Always smiling, nothing too much trouble be it restaurant, bars, pool, breakfast, reception, concierge, housekeeping. We were really impressed by the staff and the food and the amenities and had a great autumnal break. Its about an hour and a half drive from Palermo or Trapiano airports, whilst Catania is a slightly more challenging drive of about three hours. If you arrive after dark beware the entrance to the resort is tricky to find off the main road at km131 but not well signposted or light up! Once you reach the securuity post its another couple of kilometres to get to the hotel building and again after dark that can be a bit of a challenge. We managed to get lost but were soon rescued by a member of staff who was driving around looking for us. We were just there as an oldish couple but lots of people also there with children and miraculously they never seemed to be noisy or bothered us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the warmth, passion and beauty of Sicily, Verdura Resort is a five-star destination for an unforgettable holiday experience. It is the first resort in the Rocco Forte Hotels, and takes our trademark Art of Simple Luxury to an outstanding new level. Just 203 rooms are set amid 230 hectares of beautiful Sicilian countryside, providing the rare luxury of exclusive privacy and space.Make the most out of your holiday in Sicily and live a collection of exclusive once in a lifetime experiences: simple luxury resort in-line with the Sicilian tradition, unique archaeological sites, unforgettable dinners under the stars by Fulvio Pierangelini, a world-renowned name in the culinary set, an award winning spa, a unique golf destination and world-class tennis and golf tuitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Verdura Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf And Spa Resort
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf Hotel Sciacca
- Verdura Resort Sicily/Sciacca