We had a very happy week at Verdura over the May half-term but Harry and his management team have a lot of work to do regarding the service levels in the hotel's restaurants. Whilst the food itself was fine, the service was consistently disappointing:
- Breakfast was truly hit or miss. On the first morning, our order was totally forgotten. In the middle of the week, the cooked food took so long to reach our table that it was cold and had to be returned. On our last morning the food was great but the order was duplicated so we received everything twice!
- The service in La Granita bar was horribly slow, especially towards the end of our stay. On our last two days it took almost 30 minutes on both days for some ice cream to be delivered ... and this despite a number of enquires to the waiting staff as to where the food was. There was a general sense of poor communication between the kitchen and the front of house staff.
- The maître d' in Liola was totally uncooperative when we tried to increase a table reservation from 2 to 5 people on our last night. Despite his assertions that the restaurant was full, it quite clearly wasn't! His flustered approach was bordering on rude and again he seemed to lack the training / confidence to handle a routine situation in the appropriate way.
Happily, these problems can be solved with some management attention. As and when that happens I'm sure that reviewers will once again focus on the positives as there is a huge amount to like. The rooms are lovely, the golf courses are great (we particularly enjoyed the short par-3 course which was great for families and maintained to a very high standard) and the general setting and resort 'feel' was welcoming and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the warmth, passion and beauty of Sicily, Verdura Resort is a five-star destination for an unforgettable holiday experience. It is the first resort in the Rocco Forte Hotels, and takes our trademark Art of Simple Luxury to an outstanding new level. Just 203 rooms are set amid 230 hectares of beautiful Sicilian countryside, providing the rare luxury of exclusive privacy and space.Make the most out of your holiday in Sicily and live a collection of exclusive once in a lifetime experiences: simple luxury resort in-line with the Sicilian tradition, unique archaeological sites, unforgettable dinners under the stars by Fulvio Pierangelini, a world-renowned name in the culinary set, an award winning spa, a unique golf destination and world-class tennis and golf tuitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Verdura Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf And Spa Resort
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf Hotel Sciacca
- Verdura Resort Sicily/Sciacca