Verdura is absolutely wonderful for families with small children. The accommodation is very good for purpose. Not beautiful but really practical and attractive for those that like a more modern place to stay. We were upgraded to a lovely suite overlooking the lawns and a skip and hop to the beach. The bathroom was really spacious and all of us were really comfortable. There are no cars allowed on the resort - this is marvellous for the children. You can feel that they are safe. Bicycles are provided for the guests which means if you need to get from your room to the spa or any of the restaurants you just hop on a bike. (Although, these bikes are a bit tired and I wish that the hotel updates them soon!) The staff are amazing. They always help and your happiness is their desire. Truly top staff.
I really wanted to give them 5 stars BUT the restaurants let this place down. They are very pricey for what they are. If you can be bothered to get in your car you can go to Sciacca (the nearest town) and have absolutely wonderful food for a fraction of the price. If they want to charge these prices then the food should be MUCH better. The worst restaurant is the lunch place. The best is the seafood restaurant on the beach but be aware it's a bit manic in there and not very relaxing. The "Fine dining" restaurant is NOT. So if you stayed here on a Bed and Breakfast basis you will enjoy it very much. The Spa is really good and NOT busy. The fitness instructor Lea is wonderful. The treatments also very good. I really would like to return soon so I hope Verdura will keep me posted as to the progress of the restaurants as they should be much better.
All in all, it's a really great place for families to stay and I saw some couples who looked very happy to be here so I can probably recommend this place to them. Live music every night of a very high standard also. One more thing. The hotel is on the beach, but the seas were really rough and the sea sporting club should have been better also and this too let the place down a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the warmth, passion and beauty of Sicily, Verdura Resort is a five-star destination for an unforgettable holiday experience. It is the first resort in the Rocco Forte Hotels, and takes our trademark Art of Simple Luxury to an outstanding new level. Just 203 rooms are set amid 230 hectares of beautiful Sicilian countryside, providing the rare luxury of exclusive privacy and space.Make the most out of your holiday in Sicily and live a collection of exclusive once in a lifetime experiences: simple luxury resort in-line with the Sicilian tradition, unique archaeological sites, unforgettable dinners under the stars by Fulvio Pierangelini, a world-renowned name in the culinary set, an award winning spa, a unique golf destination and world-class tennis and golf tuitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelsClick so you can book your Verdura Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf And Spa Resort
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf Hotel Sciacca
- Verdura Resort Sicily/Sciacca