We stayed at the Melqart Hotel in early June and it proved to be one of the most memorable & pleasant hotels we stayed at in Sicily.
Quiet, clean, comfortable, modern amenities with good shower, breakfast, internet and parking availability better than most other hotels we stayed at in Sicily. It is located within a 3 minute walk of a couple of fairly good restaurants. The old town centre is a 10 minute walk away via a couple of long stair ways starting close to the hotel.
Minor negatives were the lighting in the bathroom being a little dim and the hotel lift was slow enough to encourage use of the stairs. (it’s only a two level hotel anyway).
Although we chose a room without a sea view we found the Marqart to be very good value.
- I can’t finish without mentioning the assistance we received from the excellent staff after my wife had sprained her ankle on the long stair way returning from the old town one afternoon. The hotel manager, Piero, helped carry my wife to our room and provided ice for the ankle. Later The next day, receptionist, Ziina, who spoke concise English and Italian, made phone enquires on our behalf to a pharmacy and arranged for her husband to drive me to the pharmacist from whom I bought crutches. Her assistance certainly reduced the pressure from our non-Italian speaking situation. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Sciacca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MELQART HOTEL presents itself along a beautiful stretch of coast on the south-west part of Sicily. Strategically located between the beautiful beaches,harbor,city center and spa facilities. Sciacca is an area of archaeological interest located between the temples of Agrigento and those of Selinunte. The hotel is a modern and welcoming structure, equipped with meeting room, breakfast area cafè area.It's rooms consist of single, twin, double, triple and quadruple rooms, air-conditioning, private bathroom, refrigerator, satellite television, free WI-FI and gives the utmost hospitality and total availability of personnel that will provide comfort and relaxation to their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and HRS so you can book your Melqart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melqart Hotel Sicily/Sciacca