During a 6 week trip to the boot of Italy and Sicily, we decided to include staying at a farm property and chose Villa Trigona. What a wonderful choice!
The Villa is easy to find - just follow the well organised signs once you reach Piazza Armerina. The house is historic and charming overlooking olive groves. It has a lovely pool, however we didn't have time for a swim. Our room was top floor overlooking the courtyard and was very quiet. We had booked for a traditional Sicilian dinner - an absolutely delightful meal eaten out in the courtyard - the super cooking smells wafted through the house all afternoon - you could not miss out! The meal of numerous courses was if I remember correctly 25Euro pp and we regarded it as excellent value with wine included. Breakfast was also held out in the courtyard. This is an ideal place to stay when visiting Villa Romana del Casale. Staff were extremely helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant mansion built between 1700 and 1800 offers accommodation in suites and rooms. The rooms which feature air conditioning and are fitted with en-suit bathroom. The Villa is situated less than 1 km. from Piazza Armerina and is surrounded by 50,000 sq. m. or green countryside. Ideal for relaxing tourism, cultural and gastronomic stays. Excellent meals exclusively cooked for the Villa’s guests can be enjoyed upon reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Trigona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Trigona Hotel Piazza Armerina
- Villa Trigona Piazza Armerina, Sicily, Italy