I would agree with the positive comments expressed by most reviewers regarding the quality of the rooms, friendly owners, great breakfast and delightful hosts. Sadly I cannot give this place full marks for a number of minor reasons - none of which the owners of the B&B can do anything about I am afraid.
1. It it a bit awkward to find even with GPS. It is located in an out of town residential area.
2. The location is about 25 mins walk from the old town and the walk is very uninviting indeed. It seemed a bit dodgy at night.
3. It is on the wrong side of town for Villa Romana del Casale. I have no idea how you would get there using public transport if you did not have a car.
4. The neighbourhood is full of dogs which bark from morning until night!
However, one massive plus is that there is a huge supermarket very close by. Not an authentic Sicilian experience I know, but If you are travelling around and need to restock on toiletries and cheap food you can do so there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From a panoramic position overhanging part of the historical centre of Piazza Armerina, bed & breakfast "La Casa Sulla Collina D'oro" ( the house on the golden hill) Relais de Charme will be glad to welcome its guests in an old house dating from the end of the 19th century, which has been restructured and renovated with the help of typical Sicilian building materials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Casa Sulla Collina D'oro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa Sulla Collina D'Oro Piazza Armerina, Sicily, Italy