“wonderfull view”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Arabba
Jerusalem, Israel
“wonderfull view”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

wonderful view over the village and to Porta Vescovo mountain.Breakfast and dinner were a delight with plenty of good food and some enterprising dinner options such as Mediterranean angler fish, venison, whole baked rabbit and grilled steak. Excellent room clean and modern.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Caterham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent room for a three-star hotel: comfortable bed with double duvet, power shower and plenty of hot water, any used towel was changed daily. Glorious view over the village and to Porta Vescovo mountain. Moderately wide-screen TV with lots of options. Breakfast and dinner were a delight with plenty of good food and some enterprising dinner options such as Mediterranean angler fish, venison, whole baked rabbit and grilled colt steak - all mains including decent veg. Sometimes I didn't understand the pasta options (in Italian) but whatever I requested was great! Enjoyable sauna and hot tub/whirlpool at the end of sensational skiing days.

This family-run hotel gave a personal service: when I arrived the coach dropped me off in the village centre but the manager/owner promptly came to collect me and my bags/skis; and later took me and my gear to the hotel's locker room just by the ski-lifts, which is a really good arrangement, also the boot warmers are just the right temperature! Then when it was snowing heavily on my first ski-morning another member of the family insisted on driving me to the locker room! The 4-minute walk isn't an issue, indeed a good way to start warming up the legs and later loosen them after skiing. I was asked to let reception know when I'd be collecting my skis on the final afternoon, but was enjoying Arabba so much I really didn't need the lift!

Look forward to returning!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Edmond_Jackson
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've just spent a week with friends at this great little 3 star hotel ( I assume only 3 because the lift is so small ) It is very well situated, just a short walk from town and has a well equipped ski and boot room close to the lifts so no long walks in skis and boots.
Tha hotel is clean and modern, my room larger than I would have expected with great views overlooking the resort and mountains.All the facilities were of good quality, good strong shower, lots of hot water etc. The owners and staff were so pleasant and welcoming, always a bonus. The food was good, lots of carbohydrate as you'd expect and plentiful, to say the least.
My only complaint was that it was so warm...why? I couldn't get them to turn the heating down and the wifi was a bit 3rd world. I would definately recommend it and happily go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank R900DJCDavidC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel provided more food than you can imagine-while it didn't knock my socks off, it was good. The staff was very funny, friendly, and accommodating staff, simply delightful! they work very hard. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The rooms are very warm...you might want to turn off the heat.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This 3 star hotel is situated on the road winding out of Arabba and is a short 5 minute walk into the town. If you are a skier, don't let this put you off. The Hotel has its own ski and boot room at the bottom of the chair lift complete with heated boot racks, individual lockers for each hotel room, WC and security card. It was great to be able to leave our skis and boots there at the end of a days skiing and walk back up to the hotel without having to carry anything.

My husband and I had a double room at the front of the hotel. The bed was firm and so were the pillows which was ok (my husband preferred this to softer mattresses anyway). The en-suite was fine with a very powerful shower which was brilliant. We are not into baths so requested a room with shower only. There is a hairdryer and the room generally was a good size with plenty of room for our stuff and a large balcony with a great view over Arabba (took lots of photos of the view). The shutters on the outside blocked out all light from the street so effectively it was impossible to tell if it was day or night - great news for light sleepers like myself.

Breakfast was the usual selection of absolutely everything you could think off and ironically the coffee in the machine was nicer than the coffee they bought in a pot to your table (if you asked for it). The restaurant opens at 7.30am but they very kindly opened at 7.15am on our last morning as the bus was collecting us at 7.30am.

Also at breakfast was the menu for dinner. You had to choose what you wanted for dinner in the morning. I'm not a huge fan of this system as (a) I might have changed my mind by the evening and (b) I always forget what I ordered by then. Although I appreciate the reasons for doing this given its a big restaurant with a lot of guests.

Wi-Fi was a problem and here is my only niggle for this hotel. It is only available in the bar AND you have to pay for it. The paying bit did not bother me much as it was only a few euros, but as a self employed person who needs to spend some time on my IPad every day when away, having to take it down to the bar all the time, together with my work papers, and try and concentrate with people chatting all around me was a real pain. Suffice to say, at certain times of the day the bar area was full of people on their laptops and IPads all doing the same thing. The hotel really need to sort this one out and make Wi-Fi available in the bedrooms too.

Dinner was 4 or 5 courses and the food was pretty good, although we noticed a dip in quality midweek for some reason, but overall good. The wines were very good and we tried some really great ones.

The staff were friendly and helpful throughout and did a good job.

Overall this hotel was exactly what you would expect from a 3 star hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. I would recommend this hotel, but please sort the Wi-Fi out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lousally
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I spent Christmas in the hotel Olympia and on arrival I was pleased with the reception and with my room which was clean,modern and had a view of the mountains.The boot and ski room on the slopes is a huge plus and saves a long walk uphill in boots.
The evening meals were plentyfull,however the main course was often spoiled by the heavy sauces that came with the dish.Breakfast could be quite spartan with little or no cooked items and a very sad display of cold meats and cheeses.The resturant and bar areas are well decorated and the staff very friendly and helpful especially Tonil.The games room had been devastated by playfull children and no one had cleaned the place up.
Table tennis bats had had their rubber peeled off and overhead lights were missing.
The spa area was a little tired and needs upgrading,and you had to go in search of towels if you arrived after 6pm.I found some of members of the family who run the hotel aloof and when settling my bill was told the did not accept credit cards.as stated in the Inghams brochure,on getting home I checked and found no such statment existed.
While in Arabba we had a very heavy snow fall which closed everything for a day.The resort took all of the next day to clear lifts of snow, They did open two lifts late in the morning, which was very restrictive.
It seemed as if they had not seen heavy snow before. A very bad show for the
I shall think twice before I come back here again.

Room Tip: Room 229 is very noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank roderick d
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had a lovely week away at this hotel. We were doing some Via Feratta in the area and it was a pretty central location. The staff were polite and friendly although the actual owners seemed pretty aloof. Our room was neat, clean and well decorated. We had a fantastic view from the Balcony, but it would be quite difficult to have a rubbish view in this location.
There was plenty of parking, food was good and plentiful. The free sauna and spa was very useful The hotel seemed to be full of German(motor) bikers, I think they encourage them to use the hotel. This is great, but unless you speak German and are interested in motorbikes, don`t expect much after dinner conversation.
All in all a decent hotel at a decent price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple