“Great Value”
Review of Hotel Evaldo

Hotel Evaldo
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Arabba
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Spend a week skiing the dolomites and couldn't ask for a better accommodation after hard day on the slopes. The staff friendly and the rooms very comfortable (I had the suite). The most impressive was the food. Dinner and breakfast gave you an incredible choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Evaldo

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I booked the apartment on the top floor of the hotel for me, my wife and our 4 young children. The room was very comfortable, practical and clean. This is a family run hotel and Christina and her staff were always helpful and accommodating, not least because BA failed to deliver our baggage before our 3-day stay was over! The food is good with an excellent breakfast buffet and delicious antipasti in the evenings, while the pool and spa are a wonderful way to ease away a hard day on the slopes. There is a frequent and convenient minibus between the hotel and the main lift area, although this is only a 5 minute walk anyway. My wife was sceptical about skiing but has come back from her first trip loving it, and the Hotel Evaldo was an important factor in bringing about this fantastic result!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked the hotel through a small bespoke skiing company called Simply Dolomiti and we were not disappointed,
It is a small family run hotel about 500m from the centre of Arabba.
The food was top notch from the extensive buffet at breakfast, to complementary snacks in the bar when you return from skiing to gourmet 4 course dinners.
There is a very nice swimming pool and spa area. I had 2 massages by Nicoletta which were excellent.
Our room was a traditional alpine design with a very comfortable bed and balcony. Dressing gowns and slippers were supplied.
Overall the hotel was well maintain and spotlessly clean.
The staff were plentiful and helpful.
Do not let the distance from the slopes put you off. The hotel provides a shuttle service in the morning and afternoon, it take less than 5 minutes to the slopes and we never waited more than 5 minutes.
A nice touch was a new information leaflet every morning suggesting where to ski, and informing you on the history of the area and other tip bits.
The only negative things was not having free Wifi it cost 3 euros/ day and it was slow.
We look forward to our return

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel.
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I do not have a bad word to say about this lovely hotel and awesome resort. Arabba itself is quiet, especially on the apres side of things but the benefits on the slopes are well worth the quiet town. It is quaint and pretty and such a nice place to stay. Best for couples or families I'd say. The staff at the hotel were all friendly and always helpful and eager to please. The little touches were also noticed, a daily newsletter with weather reports and stuff to do, our own private table in the dinning room, the yummy cake on returning from skiing, the faultless shuttle system whereby it was always waiting for you and very easy to get, the lockers with heated rails for your boots, the impeccable cleaning of the room everyday. Spa area completely exceeded my expectations and was a welcome area to relax after a long day. This was my best ski holiday yet and feel we found a real gem with this resort and hotel. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've been skiing a lot, and this place is by far the best.
Food is amazing. Staff are friendly and helpful. The spa is great. Room is lovely and comfortable.
Don't worry about getting to the piste, the free shuttle bus only takes a few min, it's regular and drops you off just outside the lift so you have to walk less distance than many hotels which are much closer.
I'm not one to go somewhere twice (there are a lot of places in the world to explore), but we're considering booking again for next year.

1  Thank Rowland J
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This hotel is one of the nicest my wife and I have stayed in on our ski hols to begin the food was plentiful and of great quality,the restaurant has a nice atmosphere again very good service, we upgraded to a larger room which was enormous probably didn't need to in hind sight but still a lovely room in first class condition . The wellness centre was a great relaxer at the end of a great day on the the slopes which were just incredible the snow was just powder all week ,the sellaronda is a massive area but easy to negotiate in about 4 hours without us stopping so many other areas to explore arrabba itself was some nice steep challenging runs also the marmalade glazier worth a visit , hidden valley trip was wonderful all in all the staff made the holiday so friendly and helpful would highly recommend the evaldo even gave us a packed lunch when we left at 3 in the morning many congratulations to all of the staff at the hotel for a fantastic holiday mr and mrs kenneth dorsett

1  Thank kenneth1957
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I will start with restaurant , because I think that is hotel's hard point. The brekfast is very good and the dinner is great . The restaurant is some times very laudy , but this is not to blame the hotel staff. Regarding the staff , is very helpfull , the second very good point. Another very good think is the shutle to and from the slopes . It is very helpfull . Now , the sauna . It has evry thing it needs for a good sauna , but the space . That's why it is not confortable, but it is OK . Regarding the massage , they are realy good . BUT , the swimingpool , practic , for me , imposible to use . Even the space is nice , is so laudy , that you can not listen to yourself . Terrible. They have to do something . The room . I do not know all the rooms , but mine was not great . Dark , with a small window , sad , with a small bathroom and a smaller shower , was not nice at all . I think they have better rooms . Avoid 333 . By the way , I did not uderstend the green light flashing all the time on the ceiling . It killd me on the night . Very unconfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple