“1 week in paradise”
Review of Il Molendino B&B

Il Molendino B&B
Ranked #1 of 20 Calci B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Il Molendino is a great place to stay in Toscany. It is conveniently located as a starting point to visit Toscany. We started our days with a lovely breakfast – home-made cakes, freshly made fruit salads, cheese, ham. Breakfast was served at the terrace in the picturesque garden in the relaxing atmosphere – we could hear the music of the nature. The particular climate is created by details such as hand-made decorated bedding, comfortable mattress, elegant plates, well equipped kitchen. Fabiola and Stefano are very helpful in giving recommendation where to eat and where to go. They create very friendly atmosphere, I felt like at home there. It was a week in paradise for me and my friend. I hope to come back there one day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We arrive May 30th to this spending old mill house, run by a wonderful couple.
We had our own private apartment complete with a beautiful deck backing up to the waterfall and babbling brook. Add to that a sky full of fireflies and you have the setting.
The accommodations were terrific. Stephano and Fabiloa were wonderful and the place was spotless.
Breakfast was lovely, the setting is great and the location is close to everything. We toured hundreds of miles of magical scenery returning each night to this special place.
I was even redecorating the apartment we stayed in, in my mind pretending it was my new home.

This is a memorable place that I look forward to returning to again.

R. Kaplan - US - June 2013.

Room Tip: The two best rooms are the separate cottage and the gorgeous suite in the main house. Fantastic!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My wife and I stayed a couple of nights in this B&B and we had a great experience. The owners are very friendly and attentious (thanks Fabiola). The place is very quiet and all we heard were the birds in the morning hours. The old mill converted into a house is enchanting and the room nicely decorated. Would recommend if you want to stay in this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were delighted with everything about this friendly and charming b & b, from the welcome we received from Fabiola, her recommendations for places to eat out locally, delicious freshly made cakes for breakfast and her detailed and helpful directions, including hand drawn maps for the way to Pisa airport avoiding morning traffic (20 minutes). The room was spacious and the bed comfortable, and an excellent shower. Stefano served lovely fresh orange juice and large cappuccinos for breakfast, and it was nice to be able to make yourself a cup of tea in the communal kitchen whenever you wanted one!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Staying at the Molendino was the best part of our trip to Italy. Stefano and Fabiola are a beautiful couple with a gorgeous B&B. The only thing more incredible than the actual property and building themselves (which are beautifully rustic and relaxing) is how accommodating and kind Stefano and Fabiola are. I suggested that they adopt me and my family! They never answered me but I'm holding my breath. Seriously, stay there! Well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

What a lovely B&B. The owners, Stephano & Fabiola are extremely pleasant and helpful booking a fantastic Trattoria in the local village for us the night we arrived. The Nicosia room was perfect as I am sure the other rooms would be also. We only took a small bag up to the room as the spiral staircase would be a little difficult to manage large luggage. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Gorgeous accommodations in a quiet village near Pisa, Lucca and the Italian Riviera. It is very spacious, comfortable and quiet with the master bedroom up a narrow, spiral staircase on an open balcony. There is one smaller bedroom with two twin beds below and a sofa bed in the living room. (Our kids were jealous.) The kitchen is huge and modern, but it was a shame that we didn't have the chance to use it more. Very nice breakfast. Don't pass on the fresh-squeezed orange juice or the cappuccino (I typically don't like either). Fabiola and Stefano were very friendly and had good recommendations for local restaurants. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calci
Hotel Repubblica Marinara
Marta Guest House
Marta Guest House
#1 of 2 in Santa Maria del Giudice
Bed and Breakfast San Francesco

Been to Il Molendino B&B? Share your experiences!