“Alessandro, the host with the most!”
Review of La Cantina

La Cantina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great option for dining in Greve. We were staying in town for one month and became regulars at La Cantina. We have watched some world cup football matches here and as we are from Australia and our game was not being played, Alessandro arranged for an ipad with the game on to be delivered to our table! Now that is something special and a massive thank you Alessandro. We will be back! Oh and by the way, the food is as good as you will eat In Italy and great local Chianti Classico to match!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We kept going back to this restaurant because we wanted to try as much of the menu as we could!
We sat in the outdoor area where we could watch the comings and goings of the town.
There is an extensive indoor seating area that isnt at first noticed, if you would prefer the aircon during the summer months.
I think I can easily say that the food here was the best I have had in all my travels!
Pizza, pasta and seafoods, they were all amazing. We didnt have enough time to try everthing.
They also do take away/take out.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was some of the best food my wife and I ate in Italy! Alessandro the owner and host could not have been nicer. If you are in Greve make sure you stop in and eat at this restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Although the square in Greve is very picturesque, the food at the restaurants looking onto the square is just so so - I have a vacation home in this area for 15 years, so I know what I'm talking about .... For those who care more about the food than the view, I recommend walking for three minutes to this hidden gem (opposite the library) for the best pizza ever .... Thin and delicious with endless varieties of toppings ( my favorite Gorgonzola with arugula)
and for those not into pizza there are lots of other great traditional dishes here .... Antipasti, pastas, meat, etc.....good wine list, and reasonable prices make this a great place for informal, family dining (the deserts in my opinion are not worth the calories, but that's generally the case in Tuscany )

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Best food in Italy that we had. Lovely fresh ingredients. Very good spread of vegetarian options. They take cooking classes if you like !