“Quick Lunch”

Mangiando Mangiando
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were a party of four and stopped here for a quick lunch before continuing with our wine tastings. Three had salads but I had the papardelle wild boar ragu. It was Ok, but nothing special.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The one and only waitress had over 50 to serve and was in a bit of a tizzy. The food was nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing remarkable about this place.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Living in Boulder Colorado where quality eateries are abundant, my wife and I were surprised to find this little gem of a restaurant at the village square in Greve in Chianti. Get off the A1 and take the SR222 into Greve on your way from Rome to Florence. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Based mainly on T/A reviews my wife and I ate at Mangiando-Mangiando, on the main piazza (Piazza Matteotti) in the historical center of Greve. Nice open piazza with several restaurant options. I am sorry that we chose Mangiando-Mangiando. For lunch we elected to split the Panzella Salad (typical bread and tomato salad) and split the Tuscan bean soup (2 or 3 types of dried beans, with pancetta in broth), 2 glasses of the house Chianti and aqua minerale. The Panzella was inedible -- onions onions and onions over dry bread with 2 cherry tomatoes and small amount of cucumber. Should have been called "Onion-Zella" (and no amount of added olive oil or vinegar could save it). The bean soup was decent, so in order to get enough to eat we ordered a different soup-- the "Papa Pomidoro" (tomato soup with basil). It tasted like a canned spaghetti sauce, and I couldn't finish it. Maybe the chef was away, maybe they just had a bad day -- but a 43E lunch that was mostly inedible seemed a high price for a small quantity of mediocre food.

1  Thank navygoat
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This a small restaurant (eating eating!) in the main piazza of Greve in Chianti. Lots of room in the warm season with outdoor seating. We ate here first with a large Italian family and had a planned "family" style meal with platters of food to share. Very good, but, I was noticing this very tasty, well presented lamb dish passing my table destined for other diners. I had to come back and g
Have this dish and I was not disappointed, in fact I was in heaven. Not often to find lamb (chops) done well, with just the right sides and herbs to flavor. Well done Chef! Owner operated as most Italian restaurants are you will not be disappointed. I was so enamoured with my lamb I've forgotten what my wife ordered, oh well, give them a try. English is spoken.