“Top Notch Winery”

US$108.00*
and up
Tuscany Castles Tour with Wine Tasting
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors to this romantic estate have agreed the trip was well worth it: the family is warm and hospitable, the grounds are ruggedly romantic and the wines are impressive.
Houston, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Top Notch Winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I had a wine and food tour at this place and it was simply great. We had a terrific tour guide (Gino) who I definitely recommend when booking. Gino shows you around the winery and gives you a great history. The wine is excellent and the food is great. They provide 2-4 courses during the lunch part when tasting the wine. The scenic views around the winery are beautiful and awe inspiring. I definitely recommend this place. Give a good 2-4 hours for this if you decide to do the food and wine tour.

Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Winery and tasting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great tour of this lovely winery. We had been driving for sometime so booked a driver for the day oake us to a couple o different wineries. This wax the biggest and they thoroughly spoiled us. Great tour, great wine, great balsamic great views - I could go on...

Visited June 2013
Toronto
“Stay 3 nights in Agritourism”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We loved the Agritourism. It gives you all the basics you need to travel Chianti. Very peaceful at night to sit and look at the stars over the vines.

If you are staying on a Thursday the dinner is a must! It the best value and time I had on our trip. So much great food and great wine after the tour.

Visited August 2013
New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great half day trip from Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My girlfriend and I took the bus from Florence for the Chianti Tradition (11:00 am) tour. The wine and food were great, our tour guide was friendly and interesting and the logistics of getting there were exactly as advertised on the website. Here are some (hopefully) handy notes for anyone thinking of making the same trip:

-We took the 9:30 bus from Florence and got there at about 10:55. The bus took just over the advertised 50 minutes (although the official bus schedule says 45). The bus drops you off basically right in front of the Verrazzano roadside store and the walk to the castle is a solid 30 minutes up the hill. It was a nice walk given the weather was good (mid 60s) but would probably get you pretty sweaty on a hot day
-Tour was mostly families, including ones with small children. They don't get to taste the wine, but they seemed amused by the grounds and the lunch.
-The walking tour is about an hour and is followed by lunch and tasting. The tour focuses more on showing off the grounds and the cellars than taking you through the wine-making process.
-I was debating between this tour and the Food and Wine Experience, and this tour turned out to be plenty of food for lunch. One of the pictures one this site shows a round plate of meats and cheeses, and that's exactly what you get. I'd imagine the larger lunch tour is quite a hearty meal. It may very well be worth it, but you won't leave this tour looking for a second lunch
-The bus on the way back arrived a few minutes before schedule and we had to run to make it. If you are planning on catching a specific one back, I'd get to the stop at least 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to be there.

Visited October 2013
7 Thank Dan C
Gold Coast
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day at Castello di Verrazzano”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I and a group of friends recently travelled to Italy and shared a wonderful Food & Wine Experience at Castello di Verrazzano. Gino was our gracious host and he is the ultimate professional who took us on a journey filled with knowledge and passion. Gino is a master story teller and he will engage you with the history of the winery, mother natures impact on the Chianti wine region including every aspect that goes into the wine, oil and food at magical Castello di Verrazzano. The tour concludes with a delicious feast matched perfectly with wines! We highly recommend this incredible tour.

Visited September 2013