My wife and I only stayed here for one night as we passed through Greve. I found this hotel based upon its central location in the town square a lower price. It was a little tough to find the hotel and a place to park. You aren’t able to drive a car into the square where the hotel is located and we probably drove around for 15 minutes trying to find a parking lot. Once we were in the hotel they did give us a very useful map and directed us to the best parking lot. I would recommend e-mailing them in advance to get good directons to the parking lot.
The room was adequate, but probably our least favorite of all rooms during our 2 weeks in Italy. With all hotels I feel like there is a balance between price and quality and this was always the least expensive hotel we stayed in. I found the value to this hotel to be very good, especially considering its central Greve location (lots of restaurants close by, including Gallo Nero, which was one of our favorites on our trip).
The breakfast area was very nice and had a typical Italian breakfast. I didn’t spend any time in the Courtyard or pool, but it looked very nice.
All in all I recommend this hotel for those looking for a good value stay. The Wi-Fi worked well and so did the air conditioner. My 3 stars don’t necessarily anything wrong with the hotel, the room was just wasn’t as nice as others we stayed in, but at about 2/3 the price, you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous triangular square of the village of Greve in Chianti:Chianti, the hotel has 16 rooms renovated and modernized in 2012, to customers, single, double, triple and quadruple rooms, all with private bathroom and all comforts: air cond, heating, satellite TV, telephone, mini bars, safes and free wifi internet access.The strength of this hotel is centrally located with the ability to walk to various restaurants and many small craft shops located in the town square and in the country, but at the same time to offer a relaxing and tranquil space, in fact in the garden the hotel was converted into a 14m swimming pool with salt water where around x7m is served a breakfast buffet with homemade pastries, scrambled eggs, cold cuts, cheeses, cereals, etc. ...The Family Bussotti, owner of 'Hotel for about 20 years is present 24h on 24, creating a relaxed and informal atmosphere, providing customers with all the information in the area, what to do and what to visit, plus the chance to sample available products of the family farm, wine, extra virgin olive oil and grappa.Greve in Chianti is situated half way between Florence and Siena, the location is very strategic in the short time we reach virtually all the most famous places of Tuscany, above the area of Chianti Classico, then Florence, Siena, Lucca, Pisa, San Gimignano , Volterra, Radda, Gaiole the ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Albergo del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Del Chianti Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Albergo Del Chianti Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany