This is a first rate, beautifully kept chateau on a gorgeous hillside, with a view of rolling mountains filled with vines and olive groves all around. The pool is oriented to see the exceptional view while swimming. Our rooms, a suite, were facing the view too. The staff was very accomodating and respectful. Their gastronomical evening of wine tasting, a 5 course meal and a visit to their wine cellars was delightful and an exceptional value for the money, together with musical entertainment, by way of a piano player who sang quite well too. We stayed 6 nights and wish we had reserved longer. We will definitely return to this wonderful spot, close to many interesting places to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello Vicchiomaggio (Vicchiomaggio Castle), one of the most beautiful and well-preserved castles in Tuscany, immersed in a park of more than 130 hectares, is an elegant holiday farm, a perfect location for wedding receptions, meetings and events organisation, as well as a renowned wine estate.Located in the heart of Chianti, it is a jewel nestled among hills, and a shrine of hospitality to celebrate the most important day of your life, as well as a holiday resort offering the utmost relax, or to enjoy tasting of various wines and typical products and to organise your meeting or gala evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castello Vicchiomaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Vicchiomaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Castello Vicchiomaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany