Travelling as 2 couples, we wanted to stay in Tuscany and had no idea of where to stay. We choose this place as their website was excellent and it looked exactly like what we were looking for - an experience away from the crowds in a relaxed, self contained environment.
We found it easy to locate and the manager (Simione - sorry if I spelt it wrong) was excellent. The accommodation was good with a kithcen that had just about everything in it . Tv stations only italian, but what do you expect. We found that in most self contained accommodation while we were away you needed to supply your own dishwashing tablets, detergents and rubbish bin bags. The laundry here was also a god send after away being on the road 5 days
The wine they produce is excellent and the house red was under AUD $8 a bottle. We also their wine tour on site which was also very informative.
A trip into Greve was about 5 minutes away by car and it is a must to experience the local markets.
The manager and staff recommended a number of areas to visit and restaurants to experience.
We travelled by bus to Florence which was about 1 hr 30 mins away and was a good decision given the traffic chaos in that town. Also went to Siena but made the mistake of driving there on market day.
San Gimigano is also worth a visit
Overall, we had a great week here, the weather was perfect and stay very memorable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our agriturismo has been carefully restored to its authentic Tuscan farmhouse style, equipped with all the modern comforts. The apartments are located in the main complex and have separate entrances and private outdoor space. Guests have access to a saltwater swimming pool and a large garden surrounded by vineyards and olive trees. The agriturismo is conveniently located in the tranquil Tuscan countryside just 30 km from Florence, the cradle of the Italian Renaissance, and 40 km from Siena, a stunning medieval town. A few minutes away is the charming village of Greve in Chianti, nestled in the rolling hills and surrounded by characteristic towns and sites like the 11th century Abbey of Passignano and the frazione of Montefioralle. Wi-fi, air conditioning, and satellite TV are available in all rooms. Viticcio has been making wine since 1964 among the rolling green hills of Tuscan wine country in Greve in Chianti, between Florence and Siena. The winery’s vinicultural production began with the desire to capture and embody the potential of Chianti Classico, and it wasn’t long before Viticcio wines became renowned for their true and high quality expression of the Tuscan terroir. Since then, the winery has grown to encompass 120 hectares of estate-owned land among the hills of Chianti Classico, Maremma, and Bolgheri, and it now produces wines from all three of these prestigious territories. Today we, the Biba family, carry forward the production of Viticcio winery, making wines that express the most authentic link between nature and man. We are driven by passion and enthusiasm to make our wines classic and elegant, yet with a fresh outlook on the terroir. Together with the indispensable help of our young and energetic team, we dedicate ourselves to producing high quality wines that express the Chianti Classico, Maremma, and Bolgheri territories with classic yet fresh style. We strive to produce wines that showcase all the nuances of this incredible terroir to its full potential. Our olive trees, too, are managed with respect and care, and the charming agriturismo is attentively curated so that our guests can experience the same authentic Tuscany that we love. Our team in the vineyards and cellar is made up of people who have grown up together in Chianti and share extensive experience in the field, as well as a deep love for the land. The respect and care we feel for our territory begins in our hearts and is transferred to the careful vineyard management and cellar techniques we practice. We honor the treasured traditions that teach invaluable winemaking knowledge, and we balance this with innovative technologies. Just as importantly, we respect the environment and recognize the essential need in leaving the land healthy and fertile for the next generations. Indeed, the vineyards have always been cultivated using organic techniques and natural treatments as much as possible. Since 2003, eight hectares of vineyards are cared for using biodynamic methods; and since 2013, our entire production has been totally organic. A wine’s high quality begins in the vineyard. Only by respecting the land are we able to grow naturally wonderful grapes to make an exceptional product. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Fattoria Viticcio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattoria Viticcio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Fattoria Viticcio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany