We were looking for "something different" to end our two week holiday visiting different parts of Italy in July of 2013. And we found it!! We nearly didn't visit Villa Bordoni, having already pre - booked another Villa close by, but having read an article in "Delicious" the UK food magazine, that all changed.
The article described how the Scottish owners Catherine and David Gardner had taken on a ramshackle villa and turned it into a beautifully restored country house hotel. Both tourist and locals alike frequent the Villa to enjoy the traditional Tuscan food that is prepared with passion and care, using herbs and vegetables grown in the walled garden. The staff are passionate and extremely helpful in every way. Both Catherine and David are "hands on" with the day to day running of what feels like their home, not just their business.
The rooms are restored and decorated with attention to historic detail, but still managing to include every modern convenience. The food is superb, and the wine ....... what can you say!
Italy at its best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Bordoni, a sophisticated country house hotel, nestles in the grey-green hills immediately above the town of Greve, in the heart of the Chianti Classico region of Tuscany. This 16th-century noble villa commands an extraordinary vantage point over the unspoiled Chianti hills and their biblical landscape of vineyards, terraced olive groves and forest... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Villa Bordoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Bordoni Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Bordoni Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Villa Bordoni Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany