“great hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Cesare Augustus
Ranked #73 of 252 Hotels in Jesolo
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My husband and I have recently returned from this Hotel. Having stayed there before we decided to return, so glad we did! It has been refurbished since we were last there. It was spotlessly clean as was the resort. Situated almost on the beach which is also cleaned daily, there is their own private beach section with a sunbed deckchair and parasol. The staff were helpful and friendly and spoke good english. The food was good and plentiful with a good selection for breakfast and evening meal. the excursions were wonderful and well worth the money. The bar staff were particularly friendly and there were some tasty snacks made by Mario.
Salut Mario, sper ca esti bino. Suntem atat buna vacant,a nostru minunat. Salut la Giavanna, (sper eul-am scris corect! Speram sa va din nou intr-ozi noroc pentra amandoi. Poti sa spui salut Giavanni, pentra noi la fel de bine va rog, Naroc. Pam si Phil. x

Room Tip: rooms are a little on the small side but you can upgrade to a sea view or a side sea view. we did.nt...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pamela s

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon in September and loved every minute.
The hotel itself was in a perfect central location set back from the main shopping road but directly on the beach. All the staff were very helpful and friendly especially at the bar area,the rooms are slightly small but we didn't need to spend a lot of time in ours as there is so much to do in the resort itself.
You do have to pay €3 euros a day for loungers round the pool area but it is worth it if you want to avoid the "lucky lucky men" on the private area of the beach who try sell you a selection of tat!
The best part of the hotel is undoubtably the food!!so much choice at breakfast and dinner and all of it delicious.
The resort is not far from Venice and we did a trip there through our Thomas cook rep for about €120 but you could do it cheaper if you don't mind using the local public transport.
All in all a fantastic holiday,would highly recommend to anyone and will definately be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2012
16  Thank The_Amblers
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My wife and I went a couple of weeks back.
We are both veggies and had loads to choose from on the half board package.
Rooms are a little small but you don't live in them do you, clean shower room and comfy bed, what more do you want.
The whole hotel was spotless, inside and out. The beach is just across the path, about 2 metres that's all, and it is cleaned each day.
It's very easy to get into Venice from here too, local bus to the port then a quick ferry ride.
If you like shopping the second street back is one long shopping strip. After 8 in the evening it becomes pedestrian only, and it's about 10 k long. Everything from kebabs to Armani.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank satan59
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My boyfriend, two year old son and myself have just returned from a week at the Cesare Augustus in Italy. We booked this hotel as it looked the best choice in the Thomas Cook brochure, boasting that it was great for family's.
Arriving at the hotel, we were impressed, it looked gorgeous from the outside, and reception was definitely 4 star. Our room was on the first floor, so we had to take the lift. There were two lifts, however very small. I got in the lift with my son in the push chair and one suitcase, my boyfriend had to carry the other suitcase up stairs as he couldn't fit in the lift!
Our room was booked for three people, although the third was a child, however the room was so small we could barley fit in with our push chair and two suitcases! We had twin beds, ( which we were aware of), a small desk in the one corner and a cot for my son in the other corner. The room was tiny! And the decoration was very out of date. We had a very old fashioned TV on the wall which was very surprising for a 4 star hotel! We opened the shutters to find out balcony. It was a side view room which again we knew it would be, however the balcony was so small we couldn't fit our push chair out there! I expected the balcony to be bigger, thinking me and my boyfriend could sit out there with a drink on a night when our son was in bed. The room and balcony were very disappointing. I went back down to reception to check we had been given the right room, it looked like a room for two people and a cot had just been squeezed in. The receptionist told me all the rooms were the same size and they could fit another bed in there if need be! I explained that on our booking form it said the room would have bath and shower, however she said this was a problem with Thomas Cook, it is supposed to say bath OR shower! She said we could upgrade if we wished for a sea view room which had a much bigger balcony. I went to view the room, which was still dirty from the previous guest, the room although the same size was much more up to date, much better than the previous room, and the balcony was much bigger! I preferred this room as my son could play out on the balcony if he wanted. We were told it would be 20euros per person, per night to upgrade (not including my son). We decided to upgrade as being there for a week the first room was just not good enough. The receptionist advised me the housekeepers will be going to clean the room now and would be ready within 20minutes, which it was. We got to our new room and unpacked. We had been out all day till about 10.30pm. As we got back to the hotel our son had feel asleep, so we put him straight on to our bed while we got ready. My boyfriend climbed in to bed and found the bed sheets (by his legs) were wet. I checked the bed, the top cover and top sheet were dry, however the sheet on the mattress and the mattress were wet, and smelt of urine! I went down to reception to find another lady there who couldn't speak very good English. I explained what had happened and she said "What do you want me to do?" I told her we need to bed sheets and matress changing, however she refused saying "The housekeepers have now gone home and I don't do that!" I then asked for another room to sleep in as I refused to sleep in a bed wet with urine, she agreed to give me another room for the night and to return to our room the following morning as long as the bed sheets and mattress had been changed.
The following morning after breakfast I went back to reception to the same lady to return the key, I explained that I was really not happy that after paying 280euros for an upgraded room to find the bed sheets wet with urine, she replied "But you checked the room before you paid and said you were happy with it!" I told I was happy with the room however didn't expect wet bed sheets! I asked for the manager and she told me he wasn't around, and asked why I wanted to talk to him. I said I am not happy, for a 4 star hotel this is disgusting, however she kept saying she trusts her housekeepers, they have been working for them all season and trust them 100%. She then said "maybe you sat on the bed wet" I explained that none of us had sat on our bed wet (why would we??) and it stunk of urine, I think I would know if one of us had wee'd the bed!
I gave up with this lady and spoke to our Thomas Cook rep who came later that day. She was lovely and really apologetic and promised she would speak to the manager and let me know later that day what would happen.
When we saw her later she said she had spoken to the manager, receptionist and housekeepers and none of them could work our what happened and although they were sorry they were not willing to offer even a partial refund of my 280euros.
While dining in the restaurant one night we were ordering some drinks and a man in a suit came over to our waiter and said "On the house!" I am assuming he was the manager and that was his way of saying sorry, however he made absolutely no effort to talk to us!
I realised I was not getting anywhere with this and didn't want to ruin my holiday so decided to sort it out when I get home.
That was my main problem with the hotel, however the hotel was not at all family friendly, yes there was a small park area for children with a slide and several things. However they did not cater food wise for children at all. My son basically ate ice cream all week as there was nothing there he would eat. The staff were so rude! The bar man never cracked a smile the whole week! The waiters would say the odd hello, but that was it.
There was no entertainment! There was scheduled 3 nights of entertainment. On the Wednesday there was supposed to be two singers in the bar, although we had gone to our room early we had the doors open and didn't hear any music. The Thursday night was a romantic meal night, I had assumed this would be separate to the main dining as there were children there, however we entered the dining room to find candles on the table, a man in the corner playing an instrument and a photographer walking around. It wasn't very romantic! The photographer was a pain! I had just taken a mouthful of food as he came over and started taking photos!!
The Friday night was supposed to be a DJ. We thought this would be great for our son as he loves to have a dance and we met another couple with their young daughter in the bar too who also wanted to see the DJ. However no DJ turned up. I asked the waiter who was also serving behind the bar where the DJ was and he said he didn't know what I was talking about!!
The hotel was clean (apart from our room the first night!) and was fantastic being right on the beach. But I wouldn't go here if you have children, of any age! It would be a perfect hotel for an elderly couple who wanted a chill out week and a couple of early nights!!
Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have the best view otherwise you will be looking at the back streets.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank SMinott
Reviewed 24 September 2012

myself and my husband stayed here for our honeymoon. it wasnt anything special i have stayed in 3 and 4 staR hotels that were far nicer than this... the food did not cater for us in the evening there was too much fish we ate pasta and spagetti for the week. i thought it was a bit ridicious that men had to wear long trousers down for dinner in the heat i dont think it was fair on them when women could wear whatever they wanted some of them wore hardly anything... i found the bar staff ignornant for the first few days but then they mellowed a bit. we payed enough money for this holiday that paying for sunbeds is just terrible we had to pay €3 euro every morning which was €6 euro every day. on the other hand the location of the hotel was central enough but the strip is so big it wouldnt matter where you stayed you could stroll every night and then the beach is just right outside the hotel and is very clean and beautiful. the bedrooms itself are very small and noisey you can hear the next door even having a shower or going to the toilets but they are clean ed every morning and clean towels which is the main thing.. It didnt feel we were on holidays i actually dont know what kind of holiday it felt like there was hardly any irish people at all mostly German.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Liz O
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Just recently back from a week holiday at the Cesare Augustus. Our room was quite compact and had a side balcony, we could still see the sea from it so that was a plus. Cleaned every day and clean towels also daily which was a very good service.

Restaurant good choice for breakfast but felt German guests well catered for as we had German sausages daily for the cooked breakfast. Dinner at night lot's of choice but just unfortunate that neither my partner or I like fish as always several dishes. We still ate every night in restaurant and always enjoyed what we had.

For a 4 start hotel felt entertainment not great at night maybe this is due to only a small percentage of holiday makers being british felt there could be bit more to try and encourage people to stay at hotel.

Hotel is situated right on the beach and you only had to to step from the pool and you were on it. Hotel provided very comfortable wicker sun loungers round the pool at a charge of 3 euros each. We stayed at the hotel a few times as very comfortable and worth the charge.

We went to Venice while on holiday and very good excursion from local travel company 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Picked up just along from hotel and sail across to Venice very enjoyable. Had been before but such a beautiful city. Chose not to do any more trips since only there for week and wanted to relax.

Room Tip: Rooms at from have sea view but on seeing in one of these rooms dont think room much bigger than one...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scottiesglasgow
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Me and my fiance went here for a two week stay in July this year..... It is thee best hotel in Lido de Jesolo.
Food - there was everything for breakfast and dinner! and was always being replenished even 10mins before dinner was due to be finished.
Staff - very helpful and attentive.
Rooms - very clean (not huge) but a decent size. For all the time you spend in them!

Actual resort.... Loads to do from young couples like us, to families and older couples. My favourite thing about this resort is there was only 1 british bar in the 11mile strip so no matter where you go it is the total italian experience, as well as the cheap prosecco as it is made in this region of italy!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple