All reviews bin men the bus sea view bacon and sausage great holiday lake garda evening meal every morning pasta pudding private stretch of beach ice cream location is fantastic antipasti local supermarket melon buffet style
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel in excellent location,large room,very clean,friendly staff,but unfortunately food is poor ,breakfast ok but evening meal quality very dissapointing , i personally feel that the food is stuck in the 80s era.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Warm, very friendly and laid-back hotel with great food (especially the pasta dishes). Right on the beach, the hotel is family run. Brothers Fabio and Julio are great hosts. Thoroughly recommended! My family and I love to stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gerryowens
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

First of all the staff is just amazing, we felt welcomed and taking care of like never before. The hotel is classic, spacious, lots of wonderful details, big rooms. It has a lot of soul and I preferred it to the straight modern hotels. We slept in a very good bed, everything is clean and feels luxurious. We will stay here on our next Rome trip, no doubt.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ianco I
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a two week summer holiday. We were travelling with my family, 16 in total, but we were all spread across different hotels as well all booked separately. I deliberately booked the Ambasciatori as I had stayed here once prior to this visit and loved it and on this occasion we were not disappointed. We prior booked a room with a sea view which was well worth the extra money, every evening we sat and had a few drinks on the balcony and sometimes we would even eat lunch or relax if it was too hot. The rooms were basic but clean and spacious. The hotel itself is not modern, it has a classic 60s feel to it - much like all of the hotels in Lido - there are very few modern hotels in the resort however, while some would say the Ambasciatori is outdated I would say it has character. The hotel itself is right on the sea front and unlike many of the hotels in the resort it does not charge you for beds on the beach. Many of my family members were caught out at other hotels where they had to pay for beds. This is an extreme advantage to Ambasciatori. It is also useful as there are limited beds available at the pool so if you don’t get a bed at the pool it is certain you can get a bed at the beach. There is also a couple of lovely beach bars close by to the beds. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection for all, we always found something to enjoy. The dinner buffet was also pleasant however did become repetitive towards the end of our two weeks which is not the Ambasciatori’s fault. The hotel also have pasta and pizza ‘parties’ by the pool on Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch time. The one fault I would give this hotel is that the seasonal staff waiting at breakfast and dinner could be very rude, on more than one occasion I got the feeling that the waitress was talking about me with chefs which was made very obvious when I caught them and they became rather flustered - it’s not a nice feeling. However the staff at reception were pleasant and helpful and housekeeping was regular and excellent. You can also rent bikes free of charge from the hotel which is extremely useful for seeing more of the resort as it is so large. In comparison to some of the hotels the rest of my family stayed in at the same time we stayed at the Ambasciatori, I would rate the Ambasciatori as one of the best and I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here for a 3rd time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AntoniaMackin
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, it is central for everything in Lido, the hotel is not a 4 star hotel, certainly not by UK standards, it appears a little dated to say the least. Our double room was tiny, the bathroom was tiny, the shower was good though. The windows are single glazed resulting in us being woken at 6 in the morning by some very noisy bin men. The "balcony" did not look like it had been cleaned for a very long time. The bed was as hard as a rock, so a good nights sleep was well out of the question. The breakfast was slightly puzzling, all of the usual meats, cheeses, fruits etc were on hand to select for yourself, the eggs bacon and sausages were cooked to order though, which meant some long wiat on some mornings.
The evening meal was exceptional, good choices, plenty of it.
The beach is 5 meters from the rear entrance with loads of sun beds and a well kept beach.
Overall we had a really enjoyable staywould I recommend it, most certainly, will I return, yes I will.
On arrival, they ask you for a 10 euro per person tourist tax, they will not give you a receipt though?

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family