“Not recommended”

Ranked #188 of 252 Hotels in Jesolo
Stockholm, Sweden
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I spent a week here in June 2013. No WiFi or air condition in the room. Terrible breakfast. Bad service. No snack bar by the pool. Good price though. We learned our lesson, to do better research before next trip.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Moscow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

First (and main) issue was with the hotel parking. I probably need to mention that I have chosen the Bolivar hotel mainly because of free parking area, the tourist agency may confirm this to you if needed. On the arrival I have informed the hotel reception that I have a car with me until the end of my stay. By the end of the first week, the reception told me that since I’m staying for one more week I am provided with fixed parking spot till the end of the week. But a day later I was told that since the parking area is full I “can not” use the hotel parking any longer and requested to park 2 blocks away from the hotel where the staff parks their cars.

I did not argue first as I was going to travel with the car for couple of days but when I was back the reception lady (not in a kind way) told me that I have to park my car elsewhere. There were few “nice” reasons provided to me:
1. The hotel is used to Russians who don’t bring their cars with them
2. The hotel likes guests who arrive by the plane and, again, have no cars with them
3. Since I take the car away often and other guest keep theirs inside, I have to park elsewhere

I disagreed to take my car from the parking and had few arguments with staff on this matter. At the end of the day I did park my car inside the hotel parking but had very nasty feeling every time I was going away (expecting another argument on the arrival).

Another comment to make (less important but worth mentioning) is that the restaurant food buffet was never replenished with additional items. I mean that if during a breakfast the milk is over and you’d be asking for more milk, you’d never get it. It’s even worse during the dinners as people had to stay in a queue in order to get buffet food they wanted. If you arrive to the dinner 20 min later than its started (to avoid a queue) you would not find all items available. This is not critical but also far from being a good service. I don’t say we did not have enough food, but I believe that the such level of service is disrespectful to the guests.

In general about food: bfasts are extremely poor and the set is never changed. The dinners from pre-set menu is lots of untesty food.

WiFi is only at reception area

Room Tip: You need to ask for the room on the first floor above reception - this way you'll get free of ch...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank renu91

Travellers are raving about these Jesolo hotels

Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2006

We were transferred from the Ara Pacis Hotel to the Hotel Bolivar which they claim to be a 4 star..... it was far from it. No shower curtain, no bath matt, no hand towles, no key to the room safe. Room 116 was ver old and very cramped !! No space at all. Breakfast was terrible. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed August 2006
5 Thank tgre
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2005

The rooms were basic with not much of a view, but were comfortable, clean and well layed out. the staff were very friendly and helpful. They even provide a lovely packed lunch if you would not be returning to the hotel in time for dinner.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member