“good location, very good service”
Review of Hotel Adlon

Hotel Adlon
Ranked #19 of 252 Hotels in Jesolo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had a very good vacation in August 13 for 11 nights in Hotel Adlon with my wife and child. Modern design. Very tasty breakfast and dinners. Hotel is located at 1st line near beach. Good pool. Very effective price/quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for the last night of our 3 week vacation. We had stayed at Residence Teatro II for 4 nights during the beginning of our trip before we toured all over Europe on motorcycles. Teatro II was amazing!!

Anyway, upon arrival -dressed in adventure touring bike gear and sporting a bit of a beard, I felt like they at the desk just wished I would go away. Check in at other hotels was quick and painless. The girl at the desk kept wanting a booking code but I couldn't find the email. When I finally did she had spoken to another coworker who said it wasn't required. I gave my passport to them while my friend guarded the gear outside. Then he came in and did the same.

On to the room. One of the smallest rooms we had on vacation. The toilet and shower were all one so the toilet got wet even with the curtain drawn.

Door to balcony very old and would barely open. Needs some planing on the bottom so it doesn't rub.

Vent in bathroom hasn't been cleaned in years.

Air conditioner did not work. I could only get the fan setting on, not the ac.

Decided to go down and hit the beach. Asked about towels. Oh yes... another charge. €7.50 per person as it was late in the day. From what I'm told it's normally €15. So then we ask if they have a section on the beach to use. They do. Of course... more money. Forget it. We'll find some free space.

Internet. €6.50 per day if you want a connection in your room.

(Thank god I bought a TIM cell plan. €20 for 2GB data 400 mins - 1 month incl SIM card.) so 3 days Internet at hotel would pay for a month of the same.

Breakfast. I agree with previous reviewers. Kinda gross. Eggs runny and cold. Coffee, cappuccinos all self serve from a machine. No thanks. And the incessant chain noise of the old toaster machine throughout all of breakfast was annoying as hell.

And the waiters and waitresses were very militaristic in nature. Nose up. Don't smile and Ten-Hut! At first encounter in the restaurant (for breakfast) I felt like I was in trouble or shouldn't have been there.

Perhaps all the extras were because I booked online thru a redirect to Hotel Click . com. When we asked about all the extras, we had to provide our room number first.

I would not stay here again. Yes it's on the beach but there are better and nicer out there for the same money. I only mention Residence Teatro II as that's my comparison. It was an amazing hotel. A block from beach. Stunning view. Pool top roof with lounge space. Kitchenette in room. Huge bathrooms. Huge balcony. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Unfortunately when I booked Adlon, Teatro didn't show availability for that night. Oh well.

Lots of world left to see.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank littleblueguy
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My wife, mother-in-law and I just spent seven nights at the Hotel Adlon.

First, the good points. We had a couple of questions before booking, which were all answered very speedily and to our satisfaction.

I found the hotel itself to be very clean and modern. The room we booked was a standard room, and it was quite a bit smaller than I expected, but it was nicely furnished, and kept very clean by fantastic cleaning staff. Not only did they do a great job cleaning, they were also always friendly and helpful, despite the language barrier.

The balconies were tiny, but afforded a lovely side view of the ocean. The hotel itself is in a great location, right on the beach. Parking spaces were limited, but at the time we stayed there not an issue. The bed was too hard for our taste, especially combined with the flat pillows. The rooms are all outfitted with an emergency light, which came on twice in the middle of night and blinded us (seriously, it's like a floodlight). Great idea in theory, but not so much when it malfunctions.

The beach was the best part of this trip. The sun-chairs/umbrellas (pre-reserved by room number, so you don't have to fight off other guests who have a habit of "reserving" loungers with a beach towel) were awesome. The water when we were there was like bath water and very calm. Since the ocean is not very steep here, it is easy to go out far enough to get stung by a jellyfish though, so beware.

Now onto the not so great! We booked half board, and that was a huge mistake. For one, my mother-in-law paid just as much for her package as we did for ours. We understand that the room will be the same price, but surely where the meals are concerned there should be some compensation for travelers in single-occupancy rooms.

The breakfast was terrible. For me, there was literally nothing good about any of the food offered for breakfast. The scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage etc. were cold every single morning. We would get into the restaurant every morning at 7:30 when breakfast started, and still everything would be cold. All the different types of bread that were offered were dry and tasted slightly stale, even after toasting. The kiwis, pineapple, and lunch meats were the only things I could tolerate.
The coffee from the machines wasn't terribly good either.

For lunch/dinner we were also extremely disappointed. First of all, as a helpful tip, ask for the drink menu. As is usual with half- or full-board, drinks are not included, but here the prices may surprise you. Also, since there are no drink menus on the table by default it is otherwise hard to figure out what is even offered.

Every day we were given a sheet with six choices for appetizers and another six for entrees which we had to pick for the next day. Three of the appetizers (rice with butter, pasta with ragout and freshly squeezed fruit juice) were the same every day. Not a great variety for a four star-hotel, and picking your meal a day in advance makes the vacation feel a little like a hospital stay, but we could have dealt with it if 80% or more of the meals hadn't been either bland or completely inedible.

We tried four of the fish dishes they offered and every single one was terrible. Rubbery anglerfish, overcooked swordfish, over-salted tuna. The potato crusted "brill" was the worst of all, in that it tasted like dry, unseasoned polk.

The salad bar offered for lunch and dinner was the same. There would be one tray of deep fried french fries or onion rings (everyday it was different, but they clearly all came from bags that you would find in your grocer's freezer), and several trays of cold vegetables.

Not only was the food not up to par, but the service was seriously lacking in the restaurant as well. At one point we sat in front of our empty appetizer plates for an hour before we were brought our entrees - and that was after complaining. To be completely fair, the service did get quicker after we complained, but not any friendlier.

Save your money and go down the street to Corso Restaurant. The food there is fabulous and extremely affordable, and the service is much, much better.

Upon checkout we noticed that we had been charged for a lunch for 1 person that we couldn't possibly have eaten, as we had arrived at the hotel that day after four in the afternoon, so be sure to check your bill carefully. We did end up getting the aforementioned lunch off our bill, but the receptionist was not terribly friendly about it. Here's a hint: an eye-roll and a sarcastic tone are usually understood even if your guests do not speak Italian.

All in all, for the national average it might be alright, but it doesn't feel like a four star-hotel, and I can't bring myself to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank danceofjimbeam
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Just came back from a 10-day stay at Hotel Adlon, travelling with a family of 4 adults and 4 children. Our first time back to Lido di Jesolo since we last were here approx. 30 years ago.

The hotel is very conveniently and centrally located. Nicely renovated in a modern almost minimalistic design, and well maintained and cleaned. A nice pool area, umbrellas & sunbeds on the beach, a lobby bar open most hours, an excellent breakfast, poolside service most of the day, and dinners in the evening that seemed quite popular (which we didn't try). The nearest beach bar served very tasty snacks for lunch. Our rooms were nice, quite comfortable with no major issues (but there were limited possibilities for adjusting the air con levels, and the beds are typical for Italy, i.e. quite hard).

Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful, after we got past the initial stress level of the front desk.

The hotel was a great base for exploring the area. The "Moby Dick" boat to Venice leaves from the pier just in front of the hotel, and is a much better alternative than the shuttle bus & ferry alternative offered by most of the local hotels. Rental car companies Jesolo Rents and Avis were both just a few blocks away. The Lago di Garda/Sirmione and Verona w/opera were within an approx. 2 hour drive. The parking arrangements at the hotel were particularily convenient and space was never an issue.

There are many cheaper hotels in this beach town but, all in all, we had a very comfortable and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Beach front superior rooms have nice views of the ocean, but side view rooms are not much different.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is wonderful. Great location. On the beach front, a 1 minute walk to the Main Street which at times is closed most vehicle traffic, and is used for pedestrian traffic up and down the length of Jesolo Lido (Beach).
You can find almost anything you need within a short walk of the hotel. Management is terrific, the owner seems to be everywhere, all the time. He owns more than just this hotel, so it is run as it should be. Staff is polite, courteous, and helpful. We speak only English (US). We found no language difficulty at the hotel. Shop owners are always anxious to help, most are multi-lingual, Italian-Getman-English are most prevalent.
This was our 7th trip to Jesolo. Have never felt unsafe, minor problems that occur on any trip occur here also, but can be rectified.
I've stayed at numerous hotels in Jesolo Lido, and have never been unhappy with any of them. The Tourism Dept. ofJesolo does a great job of publisizing a wonderful area.
I've been here before, and when in Jesolo again, I will stay at Hotel Adlon if I can. I suggest you do also!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We visited Adlon for the first time and were there for almost a week.
Wanted to visit Venezia with kids and not to be trapped with thousands of tourists permanently there. Turned out to be a good idea.

The hotel has great location both for visiting Venice, Padova, Verona, Vicenza and Garda Lake (we rented a car) as well as for staying in Lido di Jesolo for a relaxing day on the beach (the hotel is right on the shore and has its private beach).
Vicinity of perfect Tortuga restaurant and sealife acquarium (fine kids entertainment) completes the picture.

Breakfasts were good. Heated external pool is fantastic in June when it was not so hot.
We were in "adriatic sparkling suite" right after its total renovation and although there is still some room for improvement (eg. safe not installed yet) it was really good for a family of four (and I am sure that the owner will quickly improve this up to eve more than 4* class).
Very clean, modern and minimalstic but luxurios finishing of the apartment was a nice surprise. Roof terrace that belongs to apartment is really big and fantastic (although i would personally prefer that the central vacuum cleaner was relocated or more silenced so that one could fully enjoy the view and privacy of a penthouse).

Stay in the hotel was a VERY positive experience definetly to be repeated.
Staff was friendly and competent + a very kind owner personally engaged in a top class inoffensive manner, making sure if everything is ok. Felt like home.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We had an enjoyable Easter break here. The bedroom and bathroom are excellent and kept very clean,the maid comes every day with clean towels, there is a small fridge in the wardrobe a flat screen tv, air con/heater, wifi in the reception area which my teens enjoyed. We did not try the spa or gym. We had breakfast here which had a great selection (we tried everything).
There is some building work going on at the moment a new pool being built .
Having visited so early in the season a lot of the shops and restaurants were closed or seem to take it in turn to open. I expect in the full season the resort is busy. Our main reason for our visit was to see Venice which we all enjoyed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family