“excellent hotel”
Review of Hotel Adlon

Hotel Adlon
Ranked #19 of 251 Hotels in Jesolo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Beautiful hotel, very smart and excellent service and staff. This hotel almost sits on the beach, which is so idyllic. Has small outdoor pool with sunbeds. Food excellent, lots of choices. Highly recommend and would love to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had booked to stay the hotel next door but offered an upgrade to the Adlon at no extra cost .The hotel was excellent in every respect and we cannot praise the staff too highly for their friendliness and helpfulness.we have some limited Italian but they were able to explain perfectly how to get to Venice and back from the hotel .
Room excellent and meals and wine incredibly reasonably priced and good.we would happily have paid for the upgrade we were so satisfied with our visit

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Beautiful hotel, very smart and excellent service and staff.
Food excellent, lots of choices.
Highly recommend and would love to stay again.

Room Tip: Travelled September 2012, so hopefully not changed management... Car park at rear of property. Smal...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Hotel Adlon owner, family, friends and staff are amazing. I have visited Europe extensively the past six years and have never been treated as well as I was while staying at this hotel. My traveling crew would agree, hands down they go the extra mile in every effort conceivable...including gathering specific refreshments that we prefer and straightening out our dinner orders. And multi-colored shower light....c'mon man, this place is clean, food is crazy good, pool, on the beach where 3 million people come every year....unbelievable, gem, going on my bucket list twice..can not imagine what could have caused anyone to not love this family and awesome place to stay. Hope to see this hotel again next year!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My wife and I are Jesolo fans. We've been coming here for years and years. About 30 years ago we stayed in the Hotel Adlon; it was not a pleasant stay. A couple of years ago we gave it another go. Wow! New owner, newly renovated and an enormous improvement. We had a few ideas how it could be even better and as we visited the Adlon November 2013 we saw that the owner had made even more improvements. The renovations of a few years ago are a great success. Yes, the rooms are not very large but they are beautifully styled. Peaceful, clean, comfortable. All the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent and the warm breakfast was warm! Maybe they had another type of coffee beans but I would say that the coffee this time was also better although I still prefer the typical italian breakfast coffee with a jug of strong coffee and a jug of hot milk. Of course as everyone has already said, the situation direct on the beach is just wonderful. Our only complaint was NOT about the Adlon but about the restaurants in Jesolo who claim to be open all year round and are completely closed and "sealed" in plastic in November.

Room Tip: If your body-mass index is over 25, take the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Very good hotel.
They have pretty good breakfast. Rooms are clean. Wi-Fi is working well. Most rooms include a sunbed on the beach. This means that on arrival, you will receive a number of your sunbeds and only you can use it. So you can be sure that you'll find a place on the beach.

I would recommend to check the price with the hotel even if you think that the price on booking sites is the same as on hotel site. They offered me a better room for the same price when I contacted directly with hotel.

There is many children in the hotel and it may be noise in the morning. Take an earplugs with you if you have problems with sleeping with minor noise.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marchelo2000
Matteo R, Proprietario at Hotel Adlon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Machelo2000,
thanks for the feedback. Thanks also from the all staff. June is normally a period with a lot of families, expecially the last week of the month.
Anyway we try to the best and we are happy to receive feedback like yours.
Thanks again and see you soon.
Best regards
Matteo Rizzante

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed at Hotel Adlon the second week of August. My husband and I did a lot of research on hotels in Jesolo before our trip and settled on Hotel Adlon thanks to the positive reviews here at Tripadvisor, even though it was pricier than most of the alternatives. Unfortunately, the experience we made was not very positive.

We stayed in a standard room with half-board. The standard rooms are tiny (as in, our bedroom at home is about twice the size, and we don't live in a mansion), with tiny bathrooms separated from the bedroom by sliding doors and similarly tiny balconies. The balconies have two plastic chairs on them, no table, although they are so close to the surrounding rooms' balconies that they are pretty much unusable anyway.

The rooms themselves are outfitted with a queen-sized bed with two rock-hard mattresses pushed together, a wardrobe, a desk and a chair. The mini-fridge in the wardrobe was cool-ish at best. May have been alright for drinks (we didn't try any of the pre-stocked drinks), but I would definitely not keep any food in there. The air-conditioning in the room seemed to be ridiculously overtaxed at the time we were there; the temperature in the room never reached below 27 degrees Celsius, even though we set it much lower than that. In a similar vein, the common areas (lobby, staircase, tiny and slow elevator) felt constantly stuffy and humid.

Cleanliness was okay for the area. The cleaning staff were very friendly and did their best to communicate with us, despite the fact that apparently none of them spoke anything other than Italian. Still, there were a few spots of black mold in the bathroom in the harder to reach corners of the shower.

Breakfast was buffet-style and consisted of a selection of "warm" food and cold meats, cheeses and sausages in addition to fruit and a variety of sweet desserts. Unfortunately, none of the food that is supposed to be served hot (scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon) was anywhere close to warm any of the mornings we ate there. Cold, soggy eggs are, to me, not just far removed from delicious, but also a food safety issue and thus completely unacceptable in a supposedly 4-star hotel. Since we tend to get up early and caught breakfast right as the restaurant opened in the morning, I have to seriously question whether the food was ever freshly made.

Dinner was not much better quality-wise, but at least unlike breakfast it seemed to be somewhat freshly cooked. Service in the restaurant for both meals was abysmal. Most of the - abundant - waiters spent the majority of their time standing around not cracking any smiles rather than checking on us to see if the food was alright or if we needed fresh drinks. Considering food orders were on a sheet of paper that had to be filled out a day in advance and only had to be grabbed off the table, their lack of friendliness certainly can’t be attributed to being understaffed.

Reception staff was largely courteous, but not overwhelmingly helpful or welcoming. We encountered language barriers even with the staff members who supposedly spoke English. The hotel seems to cater to mostly Italian and German-speaking guests, but it’s still fairly odd to encounter receptionists with little UK flag-pins on their jackets who do not understand basic English words.

The worst part about our stay we only learned about once we got home. My credit card company contacted me shortly after our return home to let me know about over €2,000 worth of attempted fraudulent charges made to my credit card. Coincidentally, Hotel Adlon was the only place I had used my credit card over the past two months. So, thanks to someone at Hotel Adlon's reception desk I have now had to cancel my credit card, which gives this already less than-stellar hotel a really bitter aftertaste.

I don’t want to blame the hotel for one person’s misgivings, but since I sincerely can’t think of any redeeming qualities the hotel has, I can advise other travelers to instead stay in a hotel with better hiring practices – you’re likely to get better room and board elsewhere, too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maya C
Matteo R, Proprietario at Hotel Adlon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Good morning. It is not easy to answer your review, but I'll try to do it. First of all, thank you. You have given us the opportunity to thank all of those guests who, in contrast to your experience, enjoyed their stay at the Hotel Adlon.
You must have lost a lot of time to explain such precise details, but I'll try to answer them point by point.
The rooms are small: about 16 square meters, with bathrooms that are 4 square meters in size. They feature a shower and chromotherapy. The rooms have a small balcony with a side view of the sea. You can obtain a more spacious balcony by booking a seafront room. We also offer family rooms (16 square meters + 12 square meters, with a bathroom of 4 square meters) and an exclusive suite known as the Adriatic Sparkling Suite, which is 40 square meters with a panoramic terrace of more than 60 square meters. The minibar is not a freezer, but it can cool drinks for the guests.
Cleaning. One of our strong points, fortunately, and we are not the only ones to say it.
I don’t ask the cleaning women if they can speak German, English or French (although some do), but only to do their job well so that you find the hotel as if it were your own home. Clean.
The restaurant. It 's true , we ask the guests to choose what to eat the day before. You can always change your mind or ask for something different for lunch or dinner. As regards the professionalism and cheerfulness of the waiters, I leave you to read the comment of the 150 other guests who have left a review.
The reception. German-speaking guests feel at home at the Hotel Adlon. The numbers say it all. What I do not understand is why you, as an Austrian guest, complain that the receptionists do not speak English (well...). The truth is that perhaps one, and only one of the receptionists (of whom there are 8 working in August) does not speak the language well, and this does not mean that he is unable to understand or to speak basic German and English.
We come to something a bit more serious. Credit card fraud has multiple sources, and to cast doubt upon the possibility that even one of my workers may have stolen your credit card number forces me to adopt serious measures.
Yours seems to be an actual accusation. You allude to something, casting the blame upon us.
This case is now in the hands of the Italian Postal Police, who will initiate an investigation that our legal team will closely follow. The decision will be against the workers, in the case that they have made any mistakes, and otherwise against you, for defamation.
I guarantee, however, that we will seriously consider this review. Thankfully, the many positive reviews we continue to receive testify to the love that each of us puts into the performance of his or her work in order to guarantee our customers as pleasant a stay as possible, well aware that it cannot be perfect for every occasion, but in constant pursuit of service of the highest quality.
Sincerely