“Food ok but not quite up to scratch for Quarteira”
Review of ROSA BRANCA

ROSA BRANCA
Ranked #271 of 381 Restaurants in Quarteira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WHITE ROSE RESTAURANT
bradford
“Food ok but not quite up to scratch for Quarteira”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My grilled seabream was absolutely fresh and fine, though others in my party were a bit disappointed by the way the sardines were cooked. Generally, this is a large restaurant which has a number of areas, including a glassed-in terrace, where we ate. It's a bit hot in the summer, though probably very nice in winter. Service seemed a bit slow, possibly because we were so far away from the kitchen! Place is a bit scruffy and rambling and needs a bit of sprucing up. I think it lives on its reputation as the place next to the fish market. As a recent reviewer said, the Adega do Peixe over the road is a lot better. Will try to review it soon.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank BradfordBuzzard

• Polish first
Troon, United Kingdom
“Scenic views across the beach and delicious charcoal grilled fish”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Attentive staff although didn't realise the bread, butter, cheese and olives brought to the table at the start were all to be paid for! I had delicious sea bass and husband had tasty steak with potatoes and veg. Big platefuls so try to avoid all the extras unless you are very hungry. Good wine menu and fruity jug of sangria washed down our meals beautifully!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lesley_Ann8
“Expensive but tasty”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Lovely view of the beach and lots of fresh fish on view. Monkfish stew we shared was lovely and there was a lot of it. Service was best I've come across in a long time. Bit pricey though.

• Visited July 2013
Navan
“Tourist trap?”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

This place has the best spot in the town, foods ok but they just can't cope when it's half full. Yes Spanish and Portuguese eat here and I saw a fuss being made of them. English didn't get the service.
I had the same dish as some other review cod and potato and yes it was salt and garlic and I drank all night afterwards but the local taste seems to be heavy into garlic and salt. Food is not that bad, service after the nice man outside talks you into going inside is poor

Visited July 2013
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“The worst place I have eaten”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We went here on our first night in quartiera and after arriving at 8.30pm went to find somewhere to eat. This place was very busy so we thought it must be good. We ordered our food at 9pm we ordered 6 hamburgers as we wanted something quick as our 2 young children were tired. It finally arrived at 10pm and can honestly say we were lost for words it was a tinned hamburger with and overlooked fried egg on top surrounded by cold soggy chips covered in gravy it was the most tasteless thing I have eaten in my life! We only managed a few mouthfuls. When we complained to the waiter he said we are a seafood restaurant to which my mother said "yes but this was on the menu and so should be made to the same standard" the waiter then said the chef would not be interested in what we had to say as he was in his words "a w*****" . Would never eat here again. Even with the small amount we did eat we were all ill within a few hours of eating here.

• Visited July 2013