“It says '3 star hotel' on the tin”
Review of Hotel Atismar

Hotel Atismar
Ranked #43 of 48 Hotels in Quarteira
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Not really sure what some folk expect of a cheapy 3 star hotel.
I spent a week there AI during late oct/early nov and found the place ok and good for the money.
Friendly and helpful staff, clean and fair size room, the food, although not their strongest quality was edible & plentiful.
Good location for the sandy beaches and bars/resturaunts and cafes. We had no problem getting a room safe key but i understand there were issues before we arrived.
We enjoyed nice strolls along to Vilamoura and their marina and beaches.
Quarteira and a nice, quiet resort. If you want more crash bang wallop then it may not be for you.
I can recommend the banter in Baz & Minnies Irish Bar just off the front.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Father_Fred

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Quarteria Portugal for the first time on the 22nd October for 8 days. It was a cheap get away as we ad our main holiday in june. I always read the reviews and tere was mixed ones. Anyway for wot we paid we cudnt complain one bit. The hotel was basic but clean the food was gud as im a fussy eater. Tere was something for me at breakfast lunch and dinner. Its 3 star guys not 5 star. The staff worked very very hard plus they were very helpful. The only problem tere was, the weather. It rained the first two days then overcast for two but then we ad sun sun and more sun. We met sum lovely people. Wud recommend this hotel to friends and family. Keep up the gud work hotel atismar

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dawny1969
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I found this hotel was ok, staff were helpful, food on the all inclusive was ok but not much selection but for what I paid I can't complain too much. The rooms were smaller than they look on the photos and I was a bit disappointed at this. The all inclusive bar was ok if you like gin or the local beer but the other spirits were like paint stripper.
Would I go back .... maybe for a cheap break

1  Thank luvhols4eva
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I wish, I had gone somewhere else, I wish I had gone to Spain, I wish I had never seen the Atismar. That was on the Wednesday when we got there, it rained in the afternoon, it rained on the Thursday,threw it down on the Friday. Why did we come Quarteira, what a dump.
On Saturday the sun came out it was blazing hot. We walked round the town. And what a nice place it is. A bit of exploreing, and it is a very nice place .We wanted a quiet holiday and that is what Quarteira is, very quiet
The Atismar, well its a decent Hotel, nice staff, nice reception area, The bedrooms, are OK. the bathroom shall we say compact, with the toilet fitted neatly under the sink.
Then oh dear the restaurant, it looked like a 1940s works canteen with a menu to match.
A sweet table, which was very poor, on the first night I had melon, then it disappeared, we had pineapple every night it was very popular with the flies.
7 o clock I had soup and 10 past seven went for the main and no chips 10 minute wait. one night some sort of meat wrapped round what looked like a budgies rib cage. A couple on the next table had a chip buttie.
One night we had grilled chicken, they must have some odd shaped chickens in Portugal, most of it was bones. Likewise the so called turkey a couple of nights later.
In the mornings a bit of a que for the toaster, until someone set fire to it, getting some toast stuck in the back of it. When they were on it was a wait for the gegs, which were very nice.
It seemed to me the budget for the food was running out, and they were trying to eke it out..
I spoke to one woman who had been there a couple of weeks and she said it doesn't get any better.
Would I go to the Atismar again, only in the early season when they have the new budget, would I go to Quarteira, oh yes, but it is very quiet.

1  Thank ArthurDale
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Got back from Hotel Atismar 24th October after a 10 day all incl. I don't know what some people expect for a cheap holiday. I found the hotel spotlessly clean, with the cleaners coming everyday. Staff were always friendly & polite, and went out of their way to help you. We arrived there at about 11:00 a.m and after reading reviews we thought we would have to wait till 2:00 p.m before we got our room, but the young lady on reception gave us our cards and told us that we could go up to our room. When we went to our room and found that we never had a balcony we went and told them on reception and they said they would do all they can to help us. The following morning they gave us cards to another room which was bigger and had 2 balconies, and they couldn't have been more apologetic. At meal times, after the second time the waitress Celi knew what we wanted to drink and there was a coffee on the table by the time we had got our meal. The food wasn't great, but this is NOT a 5* Hotel. There was always plenty to eat and a good variety. The pool was cleaned everyday and I think it is right that they only allow plastic cups around the pool area. The terrace area could have done with being a bit more cleaner, It was only swept once in the 10 days we were there. Having said this watch out for the bloke on reception who will chase you with scissors to cut your wrist-band off as soon as it's 12:00 noon on the day that your leaving.
But all in all what a great relaxing holiday. And we WOULD go back.

2  Thank Carol F
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here In oct. Have stayed here once before two years ago. Nice location and staff helpful
Great value, Breakfast just ok and rooms in need of updates. Reception area very nice and staff helpful and excellent wi fi although only in reception area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We read the reviews before we went and thought we would see for ourselves, well we were glad we didnt listen to the negative reviews, the hotel is in a quiet location beside miles of golden sandy beach.
The rooms are spotless with plenty of hot water in the shower.
the staff are great, at meal times the waiter gets you drinks from the bar- nice touch in a 3 star hotel. Some reviews say they are grumpy but if you take the time to talk to them you will find they are ok, after seeing how some of the guests spoke to the staff i would not blame them for being a bit quiet.Eldar on reception is very helpfull.
The food is fine , no problems, not a big choice but always something and the soups were very good,
We would not hesitate to return here , a big thank you to all the staff who worked so hard to give us a very pleasant and trouble free holiday.

1  Thank william w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quarteira
Dom Jose Beach Hotel
1 mi away
Hotel Praia Sol
Hotel Praia Sol
#30 of 48 in Quarteira

Been to Hotel Atismar? Share your experiences!