“2nd time here great time again”

Pinhal do Sol Hotel
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Quarteira
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Like the title says 2nd time here. last visit was 1.5 years ago and there have been a lot of improvements since then. Like most descriptions, the rooms are big clean and comfy but yes a little outdated, but really if you go on holiday to occupy your room all day and night i find that rather sad. like most people its only a base for rest at night. Food is good quality though couldnt do 2 weeks but thats normal for the all inclusive. drinks are fine though bar stops all inclusive drink at 10pm, which personally i find too early.the bar staff are great especially Christina and the new lad Manuel. if you do have to pay for drinks they are not expensive. the free minibuses that run daily up and back to Quarteria and Vilamoura are an excellent gesture from the hotel. i will definately go back for a 3rd visit its so relaxing and enjoyable at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Geoff D

Reviewed 8 April 2013

the holiday we booked was a cheap one but the hotel was only average the food was good and plentiful but what let it down was the pool which was not very clean and virtually no one was in it.the rooms were spacious but were in need of a bit of decorating,worth staying in for up to a week but any longer and i think most people would struggle.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lingy111
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I will start off positive and work my way down. Firstly, rooms are very spacious and very clean and recently updated. Maid service daily! We could not fault our room. Food was ok if you like rice or fries every night. Our last evening meal was probably the best throughout our stay. Having said that the big chiefs were checking the place out so staff and manager seemed to be on their best behaviour. Cocktails had fancy bits in them and much tastier. Whereas any other night they were very weak and no fancy things. For an all inclusive holiday I have to say we were disappointed as we felt we were being watched with our drinks. Maybe it needs the big chiefs in weekly. There was one particular young man behind the bar and he was excellent and very friendly. This hotel is not for young children as there is nothing going on for them. Its very quiet and only entertainment once or twice a week. It would be ideal for older couples that want quiet early nights. However I have to say we met a lovely family (Karen, Andy, Jade and Andrew) and a young couple (Robin and Rob) They all made our last couple of nights fun!! I just want to say to Karen and family sorry I didnt get to say goodbye!! If you get the chance to read this review please reply to it then we can swap numbers if you want to? I would love to keep in touch with you all especially little Andrew!!. Thanks for making our holiday. One good thing about this place is meeting you all. Pat and Kenny

Room Tip: all rooms seemed ok. Never heard a bad word from anyone on rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chantler38
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have just returned home after spending 2 weeks at this hotel. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my stay there. The hotel is built on two storeys, the rooms are large, kept very clean and come complete with tea/coffee making facilities and a small fridge. Included also is an ironing board and iron (if required). You will need to bring your own coffee or tea but if that is a problem there is a LIDL supermarket nearby.
There is a wide choice for breakfast from Continential to Cooked and the fresh rolls with quince jam are a treat.
Dinner is something similar. Again a large choice to suit all palates - something to suit everyone.
The staff are very attentive but not overbearing. This hotel proved to be very popular with all nationalities and that in itself is a recommendation. It is more country than beach, but there is a minibus service that operates to Quarteira and Vilamoura. For the more adventurous walking into Quarteira takes about 30-40 mins.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Silver5276
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Fifteen of us stayed here for my 50th Birthday, Everyone had a great time and there were no complaints from any of the group.The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff were excellent,There is a courtesy bus which takes you into town at various times during the day and picks you up again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank kennycamp
Reviewed 18 March 2013

As always, we enjoyed our stay in Pinhal do Sol. It was the fourth time this year ans it´s getting better and better.
The staff is as always okay and they´re renovating the rooms and every time we´re coming there, something is happening and exploring.
I think the manager Antonio Duarte is a very good manager. He knows what to do and every thing, needs time.
The taxi driver told us that he thougt the hotel was very good, because he brought a lot of customers there.
For us Edite Barbara,and the rest of the reception, the lovely manager of the restaurant Jamy..? Christina, Jessica, Olga and oh I forget all those names, but visit and met this wonderful people and for all the beautiful Algarve.
Nice people, wonderful climate, come once and you go twice.

Sometimes I say: I was born in the wrong country, for me is the Algarve and Pinhal do Sol my second home.
I´m glad that we´re going back in a few weeks.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Leonarda D
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I have stayed at the Pinhal do Sol since 2005 many many times, i have read many reports from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Here's my opinion firstly you are in Portugal, respect the local people and they will respect you (@;

The rooms are a little tired and may need the odd bit of maintenance, but hey? the average price per day per week is seriously good value for what you get.

The food is continental and you can eat from multiple choices for breakfast again for lunch and the same in the evening.

There are only so many types of meat fish veg you can be served and only so many ways of cooking them.

They are all available everyday. Speak to the chef's they are both lovely people.

The staff are attentive and willing to please,Jessica and Co...

The reception staff are always friendly and willing to help....

The all inclusive, i have read many reports about poor quality etc.... It clearly states Drinks served "AI" 11 am until 10pm.... During the day there is never a limit.....pace yourself... Whats the Rush!

If you have to pay after 10pm it hardly cost £? that much and most people i have witnessed only ever have one more drink after 10pm.

The entertainment is typical local artist singing crooner songs, dont worry you have the choice to listen or not..

Its a typical Family Country Hotel that does get populated with a wide range of nations at all times..

Has a British Citizen visiting the Hotel on many occasions i find some of the British to be quite rude... to the staff.

Mingle with the locals try the different languages, you will be surprised theres a lot of like minded people in other nations...(@;

To summarise its just out of Quartierra, (free hotel bus) into Town 2 miles further and your in Vilamoura...

Quiet location,Ample size rooms,Great Pool,Great food,Great bar, fantastic staff...

I last stayed with my daughter over Xmas 2012 and had a fantastic time thank you all @ Pinhal do Sol....

See you soon...

Room Tip: Noisy rooms are near Reception Pretty obvious..
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family