“A memorable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Caravela

A Caravela
Ranked #59 of 363 Restaurants in Quarteira
Price range: US$20 - US$107
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurant with traditional Portuguese cuisine,fresh fish every day,specialties meat cataplana, rice monkfish seafood rice,large variety of whines from all regions of Portugal. Close on monday.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A memorable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stumbled on this lovely little restaurant by chance. The service was excellent, staff speak English so well, much better than our Portuguese. The understated sounding 'fish with rice' was a huge pot of the most delicious shellfish with perfectly cooked rice. Steaks with pepper sauce were equally delicious, perfectly accompanied by salads and vegetables. Wines list was extensive but we tried the house red and white which were excellent and such good value. Desserts were also delicious and extremely good value. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Caroline M

Ireland
“Excellent sea food restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were extremely lucky to get the last table on a Saturday night. It was heavily booked with Portuguese people, which is a good sign.

Food and service was excellent. €40 for two including one starter, two deserts and one bottle of wine. Excellent value and great atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Another great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Would totally recommend this restaurant, you won't be let down. The only problem is that it is very small and disappointment is likely unless you book ahead. We were very lucky the first night, second night not so lucky, had to go somewhere else after being it would be 1 Hr before getting a table. Try your best because you won't be disappointed

Visited August 2013
Thorndale, Pennsylvania
“Delightful Food, Quaint Atmosphere and Lovely Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the hosts at my vacation rental. The warm ambiance was very inviting. This was first try at experiencing authentic Portuguese cuisine during my stay. I have a shellfish allergy which made me hesitant to eat out too much. I chose the grilled sardines, the tomato salad, and the cheese cake-like dessert. I loved everything about my meal, even the cheese/olive/bread plate as an appetizer. It was reasonably priced, very filling and delicious. What really impressed me was when I spilled something on my silk-like blouse. I didn't even notice it until the manager came to me and sprayed this white spray on it and told me to wait until it dried. By the end of my meal the stain was gone completely. How is that for service? The whole experience left a smile on my face and I was extremely glad I ventured there.

• Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“good food food but too expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Nice restaurant on the sea front. Having read the reviews I was hoping to experience some lovely fish dishes. However I was put off eating fish as a main course due to the high prices. The food generally was tasty and the range of fish and meat dishes on the menu was excellent. The sardines I had had to start were perfect, really fresh and tasted good. My children had fried prawns to start and again, delicious. For the mains, the cuttlefish was too blackened for my daughter's taste and required some chewing. The chicken was excellent as were the mixed meat kebabs. As mentioned, my only real problem was the expense of the main bulk of the fish. Most prices were in kg and between 45-80€ with the lobster costing 60-80€ for 1!!! This is far too expensive IMHO and the prices should reflect the dish on the plate. As a result we won't be going back as we've had cheaper and just as good elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013