After reading reviews here before I left, it was with some trepidation that I rolled up here on the first night! However, despite getting a ground floor apartment, I got a pleasant surprise! The main room was large and bright, with furniture that was fine for the price point (see pics). Some other points:
1. The barbed wire: well, it's not exactly Colditz! In fact it's barely noticeable unless you look for it (like I did after reading about it here!). Given also that the much more upmarket Crown Plaza which is 2 mins away also has (even more discrete) barbed wire around it, this should not concern you. You can see some of the wire in the patio shot if you look really closely!
2. The place is stuck up in a residential area in between the swanky upmarket Vilamoura and the somewhat rough Quarteira. It's about a 15-20 min walk to lively areas in either town in opposite directions. We were advised not to walk around at night (especially the Quarteira side), although we had no issues walking back from the swanky marina after dark.
3. The staff were extremely helpful, organising day trips and providing info.
4. The indoor pool has a few tiles missing but appeared warm enough. The outdoor pool is surprisingly deep and indeed cold. However, once you get used to it, it seems almost warm!
Overall, it's great value and well worth considering if you're on a budget. Otherwise, I'd advise a swankier billet in Vilamoura proper.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Clube Hotel Apartamento do Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Hotel Quarteira
- Clube Hotel Apartamento Do Algarve Quarteira, Portugal