Spent 4 days recently on a B & B basis at the Quarteira Sol Hotel, got a fantastic deal with Alpharooms and really couldn't fault it. Only 20 minutes from the airport which was ideaI as it was a short stay and we didn't want to be too far away. It had been refurbished and we got a gorgeous room, very modern and clean with a big bathroom. Rooms cleaned every day. No balcony unfortunately which was a pity. I had read in other reviews about an old annex and there was an older building next to the hotel which looked closed and neglected and it was abit of an eyesore. The main part is painted a dark pink colour. Lovely bright comfortable restaurant, plenty to chose from breakfast-wise, all the usual hot and cold stuff, you would want to be very fussy to not find something to your taste. No idea what lunch & dinner were like. The pool area was great, comfortable sun loungers not like the white hard plastic ones you get in some places. We practically had the place to ourselves as the hotel wasn't very full probably because of the volcanic ash and people still couldn't travel. There was a bar which was pretty expensive but fine for 1 or 2 drinks. Lovely beach just behind the hotel. Sunbeds & shade €10 for 2 people. Staff were lovely espcially the man on reception who looks like Ross from Friends! but unfortumately I didn't get his name. He even phoned our transfer company for us regarding our pickup time. No internet access at the hotel which was a surprise considering how modern it is. Despite looking up the bars and restaurants on Trip Advisor we couldn't find any except for 2 and as the area of Quarteira itself was really horrible and covered in graffiti just about everywhere we didn't wander too far in looking for them but were saved by the fact that we were only a 30 minute stroll from the gorgeous Vilamoura and this is where we went every evening. Plenty of choice of bars and restaurants and such a lovely spot around the Marina. The beach and promenade at Quarteira are lovely but thats about it. It could be so much nicer if the graffiti artists stopped spoiling what could be a great tourist spot considering the location to the aiport and close promimity to Vilamoura. Having said all that I'd certainly stay here again for a cheap break because of how close it is to Vilamoura which would obviously be more expensive to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Quarteira, just a few meters from the pedestrian Avenue and the beach, about 2 km away from Vilamoura and 4 km from various golf courses. The entire interior was carefully decorated offering an ambiance of comfort and well being. The restaurant offers a quality service, in a refined atmosphere. There are 2 distinguished bars : a bar near the Lobby and the bar by the pool with comfortable chairs and tables where the guests can have a more relaxed atmosphere in the hot summer nights. The hotel as also an exterior heated Swimming Pool, a well equipped gym, Turkish bad and Sauna which complement the stay of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Stayforlong S.L., HostelWorld, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your QuarteiraSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quarteira Sol Hotel Quarteira
- Sol Hotel Quarteira
- QuarteiraSol Quarteira, Algarve, Portugal