“Refurbishment has ruined this Casino”
Review of Casino Vilamoura

Casino Vilamoura
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Quarteira
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter the Casino Vilamoura and immerse yourself in a distinct atmosphere, where modernity is expressed in contemporary decor and most sophisticated technology. The rest areas are ideal for a chat, to read the daily newspapers or simply to enjoy an aperitif before dinner. With a magnificent view of the beach and sea, the Salão Miralago has a capacity for 500 people and presents a wide variety of shows that you can enjoy while you appreciate the unique flavours. Opening hours: Wednesday to Sunday from 8.30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Price for Touristic Menu and show 35€ p.p. -Includes starter, fish or meat dish, dessert, coffee and 1/2 wine from our selection A wide variety of table games with a VIP area and 520 slot machines invite you to try your luck at the Casino Vilamoura. Portuguese Dice Game - 3 tables American Roulette - 5 tables Black Jack - 4 tables Poker Texas Hold'em - 9 tables Opening hours: Friday and Saturday - Opening at 04 p.m. closing at 04 a.m. July 15 to September 15 - Opening at 04 p.m. and closing at 04 a.m. Other days - opening to closing 03 p.m. to 03 a.m.
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have not been to Vilamoura for about 5 years and during that stay visited the Casino. It had a great laid back atmosphere with the premises split into various rooms ie gaming, bar , lounge, and downstairs nightclub.
I visited the casino on sunday 20th october 2013 and the place had been dramatically altered internally. The inside is now one huge room incorporating everything. This takes away the old atmosphere. Presumably the changes were made to enable the number of slots to be massively increased.
It is now difficult to find any tables ie Roulette and Blackjack due to the high volume of slots.
I happen to enjoy Roulette, I know it is a random game but the one piece of information which players like to see are details of the last 12 spins ie numbers dealt. This info is displayed on electronic boards above the table. This Casino has for some reason decided to remove these. Thus unless you stand watching you have no idea what has come up.I have never been to any casino before where this info is not available.
By filling the place with slots it is now no more than an amusement arcade. I know that produces higher profits but you have to strike a balance between noise, flashing lights, and traditional Casino gaming tables. Unfortunately the slots are overpowering and ironically when I was there not being greatly used

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Exciting evening with usual slots and gaming tables without high stakes. Cheap bar prices and live music.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Ok but too much of the same dancing over and over some nudity that was totally unexpected .meal was ok but not brilliant

Reviewed 8 October 2013

It's a casino, it seems like it has been there for a while, it feels a little tired and there are less tables than there should be, instead opting for countless machines. BUT it is as cheap as anything for a drink, 2 euros for a glass of wine 1 for a small beer and Blackjack is always a good laugh. I liked it.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I bought chips at the counter and was playing on the table all night and I was wining and loosing (as you do) however on my last bet I threw a €5 on the 0 and when it landed on 0 the dealer threw it back at me saying only chips belonging to the table can be placed on the 0, however all night he allowed me to bet on any number and win or loose he paid....didn't make any sense... i was a bit annoyed however I am not a big gambler so I didn't expect to have a big win! But I would be interested if someone knows if there is such a house rule, but if I never find out I will continue to sleep!!

4  Thank milkybargal