“Best ever villa”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jussi2013
Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Best ever villa”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Spokes is absolutely perfect,we were 7 people,it was very spacious,I can't find anything to critisize.I liked the sail over part of the pool,nice to sit in the pool without the sun.The bathrooms were a dream.The owners,Simon and Lesley were so helpful,it was so nIce getting to know them.Would love to come back one day.Forgot to mention that we didn't need the airconditioning as there was a breeze,being on top of a hill,and there were no mosquitoes.

AxeGirl
Surrey
“Beautifully appointed villa”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We have rented villas in the Algarve for the past fifteen years or so - they have all had their strengths and weaknesses, but I think this was the best villa we've tried. We were a party of seven: two couples and four singles, so the villa was a perfect size. It is new and well decorated; every bedroom has its own large wet-room bathroom, and the downstairs bedrooms have aircon. It was only when we arrived that we realised that it was also totally wheelchair friendly, and you can read more about that in other reviews.

The kitchen has everything you need in terms of appliances. A nice touch was that everything the previous guests had left was there for our use, such as dry goods and condiments. Invariably you buy too much stuff at the supermarket, and very often the owners or managers of these villas just clear everything out at changeover. Here the store cupboard had loads of basics, which was really useful.

There was a large living room with comfy sofas, where you could sit and watch the flat-screen TV or use the WiFi.

The pool is lovely - a perfect size and temperature, and there are pool toys available for kids. There were plenty of comfortable sun loungers, and at night the whole area is beautifully illuminated and looks magical.

I think our favourite place was the pool bar where we would sit for morning coffee and evening 'happy hour', before eating at the outdoor dining area. You can hook up your MP3 player and argue with the rest of the family about whose choice of music will reverberate around the pool area.

All in all - I wish I was back there and I really envy the lucky people who are there now.

Paul G
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“The perfect wheelchair villa”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Our family of nine arrived on 28th June 2013 and were immediately hit with the wow factor. The villa is amazing. We hired out the whole place on self catering package. Everything we needed was in place. The rooms are all a good size especially the Garden suite with its own private seating area outside. The air-con was essential as we had arrived during one of the hottest heat-waves on record. An extra charge is applied to the air-con but we found it to be very reasonable.

Good sized kitchen with all mod-cons. Great big table outside for alfresco eating. Plenty of space everywhere. The pool is amazing. I was able to access it using the great lift system in place. You can use the shower chair to lift in and out or you can use a canvas hoist as I did. This was from the bedroom hoist which I hired at E40 per week. Good sized pool which was nicely heated. There is also an accessible hot-tub available but I did not partake as it was too hot at that time.

Our hosts, Simon and Lesley, could not have been any more welcoming or helpful. We had our own cars but when we asked Simon brought my partner and I out to the town, in the Kangoo, for a meal and came back and picked us up. Their advice was very helpful too. We were also supplied with a mobile phone with their numbers on it in case of any emergencies or just for advice.

Overall we had a great holiday and would not hesitate to recommend the villa to anyone. We hope to return. Thanks.

Jane G
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
“Amazing 'Spokes' Algarve”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

We recently visited 'Spokes' with our son 'Sam' who is 23 years old and has Cerebral Palsy with learning difficulties, he is totally wheelchair dependant.
Usually we stay at self catering villas in the Algarve. Then one day searching the internet we found 'Spokes'. It all sounded to good to be true, but 'WOW' it more than delivered on all counts.
Before we left the UK several emails and phone calls were exchanged with Simon to ensure everything we needed was in place for us before we arrived.
When we arrived we were welcomed warmly, shown our rooms and had a delicious supper (the first of many). We certainly weren't disappointed, everything was in place for us.
The hospitality was brilliant, we were catered for with amazing food and drink.
The facilities were first class, access was faultless and flowed through the whole of the ground floor and outside areas.
Simon went out of his way to ensure equipment was meeting our needs and tweeking if needed.
Lesley's housekeeping skills are truly 5 star, she makes delicious salads and the most amazing chocolate cake. Sam says she gives good cuddles too!
Sam was relaxed and happy sitting in shaded areas around the pool and garden areas. Once in the pool - using Simons ingenious overhead hoist - he enjoyed the freedom with squeals of laughter. One of his favourite areas to sit in was a small 'jungle' area named Amazonia, a lovely peaceful, shaded garden with hammock, which we managed to get him in using a portable hoist.
We enjoyed a couple of trips out in the adapted vehicle, which enabled us to eat out at restaurants in nearby towns. We recommend the Piri Piri chicken restaurant between Algoz and Guia, fast and efficient service, reasonably priced and delicious food.
On returning home my reply to being asked "How was your holiday?" has been "Amazing! I feel totally relaxed and for the first time in many years feel like I have been on holiday. No shopping, cooking, cleaning, my idea of heaven. Because Sam was relaxed so were we.
It is all thanks to an amazing family who are intuitive and thoughtful to difficulties entailed when holidaying with a disabled person.
Thank you Simon, Lesley and George, we will return.
Jane, Chris, Jackie and Sam

Graeme Q
Livingston, United Kingdom
“A Perfect Wheelchair Accessible Holiday”
Reviewed 5 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

I had been building up to travelling abroad since I sustained my injury which left me a wheelchair user (Spinal Cord Injury C5-C6 complete). I spoke with Andy & Wendy Nisbet (I volunteer with Andy at a Spinal Injuries charity) who instantly recommended Spokes as THE place to go following their stay in July 2012.

We’ve been to Portugal for many family holidays and have always enjoyed our trips and our stay, but we haven’t been for many years…..Our stay at Spokes has reignited our love for Portugal.

The whole house and suites and grounds are nothing sort of superb, extremely well thought out, designed, executed and finished. You instantly feel at home and made the ease of getting around in a wheelchair great!

Simon, Lesley and George really can’t do enough for you. Wither its Lesley’s Fruit Salad or Simon’s Baked Tomato’s for breakfast. Nice light lunches of salads, open sandwiches or Octopus salad (which is delicious btw!) you don’t want for anything.

The villa is ideally situated for the local towns of Gaia, Silves and Armação de Pêra. Which all have great restaurants. However, if you prefer to eat in you’ll be well taken care of especially if George’s Piri Piri Prawns are on the menu!

With being my first time abroad since sustaining my injury, I was slightly hesitant about the unknown but with Spokes being a home away from home my anxieties instantly disappeared. Rest assured we’ll be back!

andy_nisb...
Cumbernauld
“Fantastic Spkokes Algarve - wheelchair heaven”
Reviewed 1 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

My wife Wendy and I were lucky enough to visit Spokes in early July for 2 weeks. We had been attracted by the website but the reality was even better. We were immediately impressed by the quality and luxury of the accommodation and the friendly welcome from Simon and Lesley made us relax right away. I have a spinal cord injury at T6 and the space and ease of getting around in a wheelchair was very refreshing compared to other so-called ‘adapted’ places. We stayed in the beautiful Garden Suite with its own private garden patio. My wife loved the spacious bedroom and bathroom and all the soft furnishings. The roll-in shower was perfect for me but Wendy loved relaxing in the bath. Wheelchair access to all areas inside and around the villa is very well thought-out and I was able to get around everywhere unassisted which meant Wendy could cram in even more sunbathing. On that point we were amazed by the consistently fantastic weather. We did not see a single cloud and were surprised to find out how good the weather is for most of the year in this area.
I have used several methods for getting into a swimming pool but Simon’s ingenious hoist beats them all. I was in the pool almost every day, something I have not done before. Simon noticed that my wife had to hover around near me when swimming as my balance in the water is not so good so he attached a rope across the pool which gave me confidence to swim on my own. Along the same lines, when the adapted Kangoo vehicle was not available, Simon built a wooden platform so I could get into his Shogun. Where else would you get such personalized service and all without asking? To cool off after sunbathing we spent part of each day in Amazonia, a little jungle area near the pool with lots of shade and a nice breeze. As often as not Simon would appear with a cold beer for me and a wine for Wendy. All the food was delicious and freshly made by Simon and Lesley (special mention for Lesley’s fresh fruit salad each morning and Simon’s super tasty lunches) and it was great to be able to help ourselves to snacks and drinks all day.
We managed to visit some of the local attractions - Armacao de Pera has fantastic beaches and a nice accessible promenade with lots of cafes and restaurants. We also visited Silves, a historic town, the hills of Monchique, a piri-piri restaurant and a large shopping mall. There is a great selection of DVDs in the villa and we enjoyed Simon’s suggestion of watching some concerts at night outside on sun loungers.
Simon and Lesley are great hosts, a fun couple dedicated to ensuring you have the best time, and we certainly did. We will be back, because knowing you are going somewhere so nice with no barriers takes all the anxiety away and allows you to have a fantastic holiday.

Travelling group: Couples
jimmchugh
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“"Spokes" is THE place for disabled holidays in the Algarve!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

We visited "Spokes" in May 2012 with one wheelchair bound disabled person, two carers and two others. Simon, Lesley and George pulled out all the stops to make us feels as welcome as possible, laying on great food and drinks, plus great conversation.

The disabled client responded immediately to the great care and attention that we all received, but was particularly happy with the bright, happy and friendly nature of the location itself, and its owners.

The vila is absolute height of luxury and quality, with top notch fixtures and fittings throughout. Immaculately finished and maintained throughout. It reminded me of those high-end vilas and apartments that you see in travel magazines and brochures that you think that you’ll never get chance to stay. The thing is, that at the prices being asked, it’s as cheap as many other older, inferior places. Remember that as of April / May 2012, the whole place is brand new!

Every possible type of equipment to assist the disabled visitors or carers is either onsite already, or is available upon request. Simons very clever, unobtrusive and flexible pool lift design is excellent, as are all the disabled fittings, hoists, beds and toilets. As an able-bodied “assistant” I hardly noticed the specialised equipment as it blended in very well.

All the food and drink, which was freely available, reminded me more of a luxury spa weekend instead of an Algarve holiday vila. Also, the package can be tailor to the individual visitors needs.

My only criticism is that the vila is a little hard to find, as it’s so new, but being a little out of the way is not necessarily a bad thing. On the up side, the location within the Algarve is great for visiting Silves, Portimao, Vilamoura etc etc.

Again, thanks to the whole family for making us so welcome...

Travelling group: Friends
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing