Just came back, thank god! We had booked air-conditioning and had sent a personal confirmational email to the hotel prior to arrival. no answer to email requests and the staff on reception were liars. 'We have no air-con in hotel' i was told. they told us to take our cases to a holding area until 2pm, We then carted them to the room from hell... Room 3306. No air-con, no view, dirty, decor & utensils from 1950s. The breakfast was awful, too crowded and poorly presented with no choice or variation ever. The service of staff in hotel bad and downright rude and indifferent. The noise of the chambermaids woke us up at 6am every morning. The advice from the reception was incorrect and useless. The pool bar has no staff or security. Non guests & locals use the pool for free and change & urinate in the pool bar area. Pools are not heated and bins never emptied. No entertainment and the evening buffet is carried in each night from the restaurant oppersite. No information is offered about this lovely island by any staff. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
We made our own holiday even though this hotel made it hard. The restaurants over the road are great and trips to Funchal and with Manuel around the island good fun.
Eventually after my fourth complaint i was granted a meeting with the serving manager who gave us a room in block two..WITH AIR-CONDITIONING !!!!! Not one air-con units but two can you believe it. He apologised for his staff and took notes. I hope he keeps his promises. Free water & fruit but no COMPENSATION for 4 nights in a hot hell hole.
No shuttle bus not even between DOM Pedro hotel next to closest sandy beach. Reception told us to walk 2.5 km over the motorway to catch a bus...USELESS.
Annoyed of London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dom Pedro Garajau is a 3-star hotel-apartment with 272 rooms and Suites set on the south coast of Madeira Island. Garajau is famous its Natural Reserve made to protect a very privileged area of Madeira's coast, in an effort to make it work as an ecological nursery. This is the only exclusive marine reserve in the entire Portugal and It is a location for snorkeling and scuba-diving.Facilities are included such as an Indoor heated pool with sliding roof, apart from two outdoor pools and Children's Pool and also a sports court. Dom Pedro Garajau is setting half way between Funchal and Canico ideal to visit the island. All of this makes it the perfect base for exploring the island or enjoying an action-packed holiday. Dine Around and stay at Dom Pedro Garajau. The "Dine Around" system is a different option that allows food lovers to pick restaurants outside the hotel. Through a voucher system, half-board guests staying at the Dom Pedro Garajau can now choose from a variety of restaurants near the hotel. Without doubt, this factor will set us apart from the traditional Half-board system, allowing our clients to change restaurants daily and experience different types of cuisine. Madeira International Airport is only 11km (6.8 miles) from the hotel (10 minutes drive), and only 8 km (4.9 miles) from the main city, Funchal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dom Pedro Garajau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Garajau Canico
- Hotel Dom Pedro Garajau Madeira
- Dom Pedro Garajau Madeira/Canico