We first stayed at the RIU Palace Madeira in July 2013 (see full review "Now its gone All Inclusive). So I will not go over old ground. But as I gave it an excellent review then, we decided to try it as a winter break, instead of the Canaries. So we stayed between the 13-27th January 2014.
Well we were not disappointed,both with the hotel and the weather. The hotel lived up to our expectations, and the weather, well I would compare it to an English summer. Warm and sunny most days with an average day time temp of between 18-22c and an evening/night temp of about 15c. There were overcast days, and a couple of days when we had a rain showers, and 3 days at the end of the holiday, when we had a cold north wind, but out of the wind, the sun was warm. (we have had that in Lanzarote in the past). So as a result of another excellent holiday at this hotel, we have returned home and booked it again for Christmas/New Year 2014/15.
PS.. A new minimarket has opened accross the road from the hotel on the roundabout, so not as far to walk as to the Spar, for those little extras.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico