First impressions leave one doubting ones choice. However once up the first lift and through the disappointing reception area, you will find yourself in a minimalist style hotel. Our room was above average size, with a modern flat screen TV, and in room safe, (deposit required). It had a reasonable bathroom and nice view from the balcony (providing you have requested sea views). The room furniture was a little tired, but I understand this is going to be replaced in the near future. There were beautiful black and white photographs of Madeira in the rooms and public areas of the hotel, which were for sale. The hotel restaurant served the usual buffet breakfast. We tried the restaurant a la carte menu on two evenings and found it to be good. The bar area was a OK, but more could be made of the garden adjoining the bar, however we enjoyed some lovely sunsets sitting on the terrace outside the bar. We had a couple of bar snacks which were OK. Locally there isn’t much choice for eating out, just a couple of places in the small town. Excellent views from the pool and plenty of options for lounging. The hotel will drop you off and pick up from a few levada walks. However they can be fairly indecisive if the weather is at all wet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best way to define the concept that lies behind the Estalagem da Ponta do Sol is the idea of an escape hotel. It is set on the top of a cliff - a more spectacular location is difficult to imagine. The hotel is a result of the renovation of an old "quinta", and the goal was simple: to integrate the original buildings in a distinct, contemporary style. The architecture enhances the beauty of an already beautiful place and the atmosphere is simple and relaxed, yet sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Estalagem Ponta do Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estalagem Da Ponta Do Sol Hotel Ponta Do Sol
- Ponta Do Sol Estalagem Da
- Estalagem Ponta Do Sol Madeira