“A refreshing treat in the heat of summer.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
San Clemente, California
“A refreshing treat in the heat of summer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We decided to visit Williamsburg in the hottest time of year. Before arriving we checked our reservations to see if a room was ready. Due to an early arrival. We were informed that the reservationist in another state arranged for the wrong arrival date. We were so hot and ready to use their pool and relax. The front desk on the phone assured us that she could fix this and was SO friendly. She even upgraded our room to a beautiful suite. When we arrived she had a cold water on the counter for us, including a snack. They have a business office for our use to check-in with airlines. In the morning we had waffles, fruit , cereal, juice, pastries, etc all complementary. I would definitely recommend this La Quinta Inns and Suites to all weary travelers. you will love their mat

Room Tip: Just ask. If available you will probably get it
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We made reservations at this hotel because we travel with a large dog (bloodhound). The staff was super friendly upon arrival, gave us information we needed on fast food places in the area. It is located on a pretty busy road. The room was very spacious and clean. The breakfast was average, good enough to get you going and on the road! We will definitely stay here again on our way to Assateague Island! The only somewhat negative thing I have to add, which isn't the hotels fault, is, I have an app on my phone that locates all the registered sex offenders in your specific area, based on GPS location, and let me just say there wasn't enough room on the screen for all the red dots that showed up!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sunshinebear1375
Charleroi, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel w/ a bus trip so it was not a hotel that I had booked on my own. When arriving to the hotel, we were greeted by a friendly front desk staff. I have never stayed in a La Quinta before so I wasn't expecting much. Once arriving to the room, I was pleasantly surprised. It was roomy, had a desk for business work w/ internet hook up, a small fridge, a microwave and a coffee pot in each room. I always love these amenities b/c you can bring your leftovers back from a meal and actually eat them at another time rather then throw them away.
The beds were comfortable and so were the linens but the noise you heard from each room was ridiculous. The room next to us had their television on until 2am. I could tell you they were watching all the information about the royal wedding. (that's the weekend we were at this hotel.) The people above us were up all night walking back and forth and the people on the other side of us, their alarm went off at 5:30am. Not when I had planned waking but I did.
The hotel offers a continental breakfast in the morning w/ danishes, cereals, yogurt..etc. It was okay. It suited me. I must say the breakfast attendant was very friendly. In fact, everyone at the hotel was very friendly. My main complaint was the noise level. It seems the newer hotels are built this way. This hotel is only 5 yrs old.
The other downfall is there is not much near by to walk to. As I said, I was on a bus trip and we had to make arrangements for lunch on our own. We walked 2 blocks to the Hilton to eat at Max and Ruby's. Very good. Some of the others walked the other direction to a Wendy's. They said it was difficult to walk since there is not any sidewalks.
I would not stay here again. In the area is a Hilton, Residence Inn and a Holiday Inn Express, I would probably choose one of these.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel is was a pretty good find! I am not a normal La Quinta stayer but it wasn't bad. I normally stay at homewood suites, Hilton Garden or Hampton Inn but they were full. This hotel was definitely not as nice as those but a great value for what i paid and it was clean enough. Keep up the good work!

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

This is a very nice place to stay at the people are very nice and helpful the rooms are cleaned every day and and the beds are so much like being at home i have spent a lot of time here in the past. And will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Louisburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

My wife and I met in Norfolk 36 yrs, ago and just wanted to go back yo visit.
We booked @ La Quinta because they were pet friendly, but we got so much more the rooms were large, and clean, as was the whole motel the pool was very nice too.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
Beleive me if you stay here you will not be dissapointed and for what we paid it was a great value

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

We unexpectedly had to move to this hotel after the one that we had booked was not up to standard. The staff was extremely courteous and accomodating from the initial phone call. This hotel is very clean and the decor is inviting. They offer a complimentary breakfast, and the attendant was very attentive to everyone's needs. We felt at home in this hotel. The beds were very comfy, rooms were clean, bathroom was huge, and we felt at home. The location is convenient to restaurants (Uno Chicago Grille is excellent!) and Walmart (for you last minute needs.) We frequently stay at La Quinta Inns because they have a reputation for excellent service and cleanliness. This location earned at 10!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends