“Cleanest hotel by far”

Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I travel for work on a weekly basis. I happened to stay at this Residence inn and by far the BEST hotel stay of my past 12 months. From the front desk being friendly and making you feel like family to the smile and pleasantness of the housekeeping staff. I would like Linda Markert to know how well her staff is doing. I will FOREVER be a customer of this hotel from this day forward. If you would like a clean,comfortable room with friendly employees this is the place for you!!! Keep up the great work

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank GNicholsfl
RIDTWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your wonder review. We hope if you have a chance to return to Norfolk you again choose to stay with us at the Residence Inn Downtown.

I will be happy to share your comments with the staff.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here with family on March 29th. We were in town for my daughter's Admitted Students Day at Old Dominion University. Pros: Very nice rooms, close to stores and restaurants downtown. The pool area was small but still very nice. Cons: The only small negative thing I could think of is the breakfast. The breakfast was not as nice as some of the other Residence Inn's that I have stayed at. The selection was very small. Other than that, nice hotel for a weekend stay in downtown Norfolk

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NCHERRY
linda m, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are very lucky to be so close to ODU. They are a good partner of ours.

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in our breakfast. Our breakfast is in compliance with the Marriott standard. If you would like to discuss how we could improve we would be happy to hear from you.

We do hope to see you back the the Residence Inn Downtown. Look for the ODU parent rate when traveling back to this area.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My boys and I came to Norfolk to see my Navy son off for his deployment, and we stayed in a suite here; it was wonderful! The room was roomy and comfortable, amenities were amazing, and the staff was fabulous! The best sign of a great place to work is that employees are genuinely enjoying their jobs; this was the case here. Especially delightful was Maria at the front desk- will stay here again when we visit for my son's return!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank megj17
RIDTWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

First, thank you for your son's service. We do wish him a safe deployment.

We are happy you had an opportunity to spend a few days with your son before his deployment. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn for your hotel. We do love our military family and friends.

We hope to see you before he returns from overseas and if not before when he returns. We would love to host his homecoming.

Thank you again for your kind comments about the staff.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This an excellent hotel, ideal for long stays. I have stayed one week in an apartment.
The staff is great, and very helpful. It had a shopping service. The rooms were very well equiped. I would stay there again for sure.
They had gym and smimming pool, but I have not used it.
The only inconvenient for some(not my case): 15 minute walk for downtown.
The breakfast is excelellent, they have a large variaty of food available.
The hotel is very clean, the price a little bit high but it is worth it!
PS: I have satyed there in September 2012, not 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Magnolia_Jours
RIDTWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are happy you enjoyed your time in the states.

If your travel brings you back to this area we do hope you stay at the Residence Inn downtown.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I am currently staying in this hotel and I will check out early tomorrow. I'm actually kinda sad that Im leaving because this one bedroom suite is so nice. They have brand new appliances in the kitchen and the bedroom itself is nicely decorated. The room has lots of space and the linens were clean and neat. They served dinner for my first three nights and it was ok. I wouldn't rate it a 10, but I was hungry and it did fill me up lol. The staff is very kind and they did take their times to great each guest. I was traveling back and forth to the Navy base and the drive was roughly 20 mins straight down 1 road. I suggest this hotel to anyone else wishing to visit Norfolk, VA.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side has no traffic, so I find it quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
RIDTWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your review.
We do get attached to many of our long term guests and it is sad to see them leave. But... we are happy they can return home to their family and friends.

We have met some amazing people. Each person has stories to share and we love hearing about them.

We do hope you return to the Residence Inn if your journey brings you back to Norfolk.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Anyone who has stayed at a Residence Inn knows the drill. Suite, appliances, breakfast, fitness and pool. The RI Norfolk delivers an enhanced experience. The breakfast is great and the staff put out a great spread, opening exactly at 7am on a Sunday Morning. Overall, the front desk and maintainence were top notch. It helps that the hotel is newer than most of your other options.

The location of the hotel is a mixed bag. Two blocks north from the hotel puts you in a sketchy neighborhood, but 2 blocks south puts you at the MacArthur center. Two blocks east puts you at Scope arena & Chrysler hall. For us, it was great, but if you've stayed near the waterfront--this is not there.

As for parking, the hotel will funnel you to a garage across the street for $18. That seemed expensive to me on a weekend in Norfolk. There are 3 spaces across from the front door with meters, and a street of metered parking just west of the entrance. They don't charge on weekends or evenings, so we parked here for free. And also, check the room bill. We were charged initially for parking, even after I said we probably wont use the garage. It was no problem and it was taken off immediately.

The RI Norfolk is a great experience. If the parking gods are kind, as they were for us, you will be more than satisfied.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
RIDTWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for your review.

We are happy you received our "service so memorable" during your recent trip. We do hope you have a chance to return to the hotel in the near future.

Best wishes for a properous New Year.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

When planning our trip to Norfolk, we chose this location due to a holiday package offer through Norfolk's website. We were extremely pleased with our decision, and will choose this hotel again the next time we are in Norfolk.

As far as making reservations, it was through the website and quite easy to do. When making our reservation, we requested extra pillows and towels for our stay. Also, based on reviews on trip advisor, we requested a top floor room to limit possible noise from the streets. All of our requests were met and arranged upon our arrival.

Being a downtown location, we had already expected and budgeted for the parking. $18/day is a little high, but the convenience of being able to come and go was worth the price. Walking into the lobby, the hotel was very clean and presentable. We promptly got our key cards and went to our room. It was very nice, plenty of room in our selected the king studio.

Our experience with the staff was wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and extremely helpful if asked for local travel/eatery advice.

As far as breakfast, it was relatively standard fare. No complaints.

Room Tip: Top floor is a smart choice to limit street noise if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
RIDTWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for your review.

We are so happy you enjoyed your package. We are relatively new to packaging here at the hotel and have so many wonderful things to see and do in the area.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we do hope you have an opportunity to return to Norfolk and the Residence Inn Downtown.

Best wishes for the holidays.