Free cancellation until 29/07
US$173
US$143
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

All reviewsthe concierge loungeshula's restaurantpiano bartypical marriottcorner roomnorfolk watersidegranby streetvalet parkinguss wisconsinvalet servicemacarthur mallview of the riverhotel is in a great locationper dayrooms are nicetwo blocksdowntown area
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night for a music and food festival we were attending at the nearby Town Point Park. We arrived at 5pm, well after check-in time, and the front desk staff said that the room we booked, 1 king bed, wasn't available, but they could offer us a room with 2 double beds. Sorry, but we did not pay over $300 for one night to sleep in a double bed. I also couldn't understand why the room we booked wasn't "available". Magically 5 min later after back and forth with the front desk staff, whom I should mention was always polite, they "found" a king bed room available. Upon walking into our room, we found it was incredibly small, had peeling paint in the bathroom, crumbs on the floor by the bed, and black hairs on the "clean" bed sheets. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed in the quality, price, and apparent lack of availability of a room you already booked months in advance. We will never stay at this hotel again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MARWATMAR, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Michelle L,
Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you had during your stay. Your comments have been shared with the entire team in order to improve our service to all of our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in Norfolk Waterside Marriott for a weekend trip at Virginia Beach. In the morning, my 6-year old daughter stepped on a piece of broken glass in the carpet in our room. My daughter's left foot got cut and bled a lot because of this accident. I asked the front desk, and the staff in the front desk said she would sent a med to our room. One person showed up in our room later, but he only asked about my daughter's name, and he said he would write a accident report and email to me. When we checked out, I asked about some band-its. The hotel did nothing expect for providing a few free band-its. Because my daughter's foot was cut and injured at this hotel, our beach trip was ruined. So far the hotel did nothing and I haven't hear anything from the hotel about this accident. I emailed the hotel about this issue several days age, but I have no response from the hotel yet. The hotel doesn't care what their guests experienced in their hotel.

Besides the safety issue, the hotel really need some sound-proof solutions. During the night, I could clearly hear people's conversions from the room next to us. It was really annoy and we couldn't sleep because of the noise.

Overall, The stay at this hotel was the worst experience I ever had, and I will never stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Avoid this terrible hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear tielin q,
Please accept our sincere apology for the situation with your daughter. Our guest's safety is of the utmost importance to all of the staff members. Your comments have been shared with entire team in order to improve our service to all of our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As with the Marriott in Chesapeake, this one had small rooms. Must be a Marriott thing. They really should look at either including free breakfasts or give vouchers for nearby breakfast diners. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was nice and clean, and I got the reserved room I wanted, the 15th floor with a lovely view of the river :)

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with a river view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
MARWATMAR, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear travlinrn,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are glad that our Brilliant Hosts were very helpful and friendly and that your room was nice and clean. We are very fortunate to be with in walking distance of all of the sights and sounds of Norfolk and a lovely view of the Elizabeth River.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We only spent one night here, and won’t be back until the remodel is completed! They have signs up about a major renovation that is going to happen. Rooms poorly furnished, bed and pillows worn out. Normal bath soap missing! Crazy convention going on, people drunk and yelling in halls at 2:30 AM. VERY distressing visit!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Dearl D,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the noise created by other guests. We make every effort to try to make all our guest's stay a pleasant one. Our entire room renovation will be in full swing at the end of this year with the entire convention space to follow. We hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here on June 15th thru the 17th for an anime convention. I really did enjoy my stay. I had a slight problem with my debit card but I worked it out by paying in cash. The hotel was good but not great. The rooms were a bit small but the bed was amazing. The only real problem I had was a group of guest decided to throw a huge party in their room next to mine at 3 in the morning. Overall I couldn't complain about anything else. Downtown Norfolk was a stone's throw from the hotel and getting there and back was quick and easy. If the convention come back here next year I will definitely be staying here again, hopefully on a higher floor next time.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear ShinGokulAM,
Thank you for staying with us over the Anime Convention. We really enjoyed all the attendees especially the beautiful costumes. Please accept our sincere apology for the noise caused by other guest; however, we try to make sure that everyone enjoys their stay. We hope to see you next year.