“They have bed bugs!!!”

Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Richmond, VA
“They have bed bugs!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stay far away from this hotel! Appearance is nothing like the website shows. My family & another family checked in saturday 6/16 & to start it off we had problems with the check in. Hotel claims they never recieved our reservations. We get in the rooms, which have a odor & we had a hole in the ceiling over the shower. Get settled in and 3 hrs later when everyone is ready for bed we discover bugs in the bed. We demanded a refund for the rooms and left that night at 10:30pm. The staff didnt seem too surprised, seemed like they knew all along they had bugs. The sad part about is that the next day we discovered the bugs had bitten our little cousin all over her body! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Plymouth, Utah
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Very late night check-in, no one at front desk. After a phone call some one showed up. Included breakfast was as expected. Then back at room the card reader would not work, front desk clerk showed up with master key to let us in. Hotel was a good bargain, and front desk was very helpful. A few small problems, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 April 2012

A great location, friendly staff, clean rooms. I travelled here off season, and so the pool was closed. It seemed as though the hotel was very quiet - only 1 or 2 other couples staying, breakfast was adequate - typical continental style (donuts, cereal) etc. Ideally located on the I64, makes it ideal for Norfolk, Virginia Beach or anywhere within the Tidewater area.

Room Tip: Sea view room carry a $5 premium or $10 for 2nd floor
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 December 2011

my family and I stayed here for six hours, if that, because we are out of state and came to norfolk to get our sailor from the Navy homecoming of a ship. first off it seems like they do not clean anything in the room because there were pubic hairs all over the bath tub. second off, my sister woke up scratching herself all over and red bumps were formed all over her entire body! I mean hundreds. we stayed last weekend, and now my family and I all have over a hundred bumps everywhere on our body, each. just on my right arm I have bumps covering my entire arm. this is like nothing any of us have ever experienced and I wish I knew what actions to take or what I could do. my sister missed work for a week and new bumps continue to form. THEY HAVE BUGS. and they are very rude, my sister called to inform them and complain and the owner was rude, said she got it from somewhere else, and that he never has any complaints. that is BULL and I know without a doubt they have bugs and are the reason we have these itchy bumps. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, I have called the health department on them the day after our stay and still have not heard anything. I really wish I knew beforehand that this would have happened, I would have rather slept those five or six hours in the car. THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN!

Room Tip: do not stay here they have bugs and do not clean anything! not worth it!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Mimi L

Travellers are raving about these Norfolk hotels

Reviewed 23 June 2011

It's a shame, because the view from the back of the bay is awesome. But this place is terrible... crumbling walls, stains on carpet, noisy AC... people hanging around and a night clerk who left us waiting at the after hours window for 20 minutes. Stay away.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Northeast Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Room was filthy -- dirt everywhere and an old washcloth in the shower still. Service was poor and unresponsive -- took 4 hours to get our roll-away bed delivered. Quality was non-existent -- no signs of updates to anything since the 70s. We were on a family trip with a tour the naval base on the way. This was our one night stop over before getting to the beach......thank goodness! If we had been staying longer than 10 hours we would have moved to another hotel. The children were so scared of possible bugs that they all slept outside of the covers! The only saving grace was that this hotel backed up to the Chesapeake so we spent a couple hours sitting outside just so we didn't have to sit in our room. Think twice before staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Henderson, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I was taken here 4 a weekend getaway for my birthday by my fiance. The rooms WHERE NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES..The bed was NASTY,SMELLED OF MOLD. ONE OF THE bed was WET/DAMP HAD A NASTY BROWN STAIN ALL ON THE SIDE OF THE BEDS AND SHEETS..We told the man at the front desk'he got real nasty with us & refused a refund & to come look at it.It made me sick to my stomach & the damp smell & mold gave us both head ace. when the cleaning lady came by we showed it to her.And said do yall know that the mattress on the bed is damp& has tutned brown/nasty& smells? She said said yeah sometime they be wet we hope they be dry....NASTY AGAINST THE LAW & the beach in the back NEED SOME CLEANING

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple