“Visiting our Sailor”

Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Overall this hotel is fine. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and attentive and the location is very convenient to Norfolk Naval Base. The rugs could use an update and there is no hot tub in the pool area, which is just off the lobby in full view, but otherwise a pleasant, comfortable place to stay.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here en route to a deployment, and was very pleased with the quality of this inn. I could have stayed at the Gateway Inn through billeting, but I chose the Hampton because they are part of the HHonors portfolio of hotels, so I earn points by staying here.

The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. They have a complimentary breakfast that has an assortment of cold cereals, fruit, oatmeal, juices, boiled eggs a wafflemaker, and an assortment of hot items. On the first morning, they had steak and eggs, breakfast potatos, and sausage. The second morning's hot item selection was western omelets, breakfast potatos, and turkey sausage. While not a huge selection, it is worth noting that it was decent quality - and FREE.

By far, the staff at the Hampton are impeccably courteous and friendly. I was welcomed graciously upon arrival, greeted politely by both concierge and maidstaff whenever I passed them, and welcomed to breakfast each morning. It is worth noting that the staff created a very friendly and homey environment during breakfast.

I will be back here whenever I pass through.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KyleSchriever
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My room was quiet, my bed comfortable and I was right down the street from the gate I needed to go through to get to my son's homecoming. Very convenient. The complimentary breakfast was tasty as well.

1  Thank Kaley J
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Room was very comfortable. The staff was the most friendly and helpful of any hotel that I have stayed at. The quality of the free breakfast was very good, and the choices were varied for each of the three mornings of my stay. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Location, staff, and just everything of hotel was wonderful. My children and I greatly enjoyed our stay the next time we visit Norfolk no questions we are staying here. We have recently relocated to the city of Richmond(work) and there are upcoming festivals in Norfolk and I will be reserving rooms very soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My first impression was as I entered the elevator the carpets were worn and dirty. On floor it got worse, stains and crumbs, food debis all over the floor. Our room appeared clean at first, but then notice blood on bathroom floor, looked like a pee stain on the toilet rim, room had a funky smell ( musty??). The staff was very friendly and that was their only saving grace. Other than the friendly staff I would not give this hotel any stars. Breakfast was not very good either.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank msspid
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very convenient hotel when flying in and out of the Naval Passenger Terminal Norfolk. Comfy beds, clean rooms and great service. Indoor pool is a plus and a nice fitness center and breakfast area. Breakfast was a typical HI breakfast, but we were happy to see that it changed when we stayed for our return flight.

1  Thank Teri N