“BE CAREFUL”

Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University Norfolk Airport (ORF)
865 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502
757-461-4865
It took me a while to gather my thoughts so I could submit this I felt so ripped off when I arrived at my destination. The location was unsafe, and filthy. There where drug dealers walking around the premises of the building as well as drug users. The place was very very dirty the smell of urine reeked as soon as I stepped out of my vehicle. I contacted Customer Service and explained what I found and stated that it was just unsafe for me to stay there and they basically told me we are so sorry but to bad there is nothing we can do. The attended laughed and stated “Didn’t you know where you were staying.” When I requested a refund because of the conditions. I feel that Priceline.com did not have an ounce of appreciation for its customers when I encountered this. I did not expect to be treated like this or have my life placed in harm’s way. I asked if they would be willing to put me in another hotel and was told no. The pictures online seemed to be enhanced because they are nothing compared to what this place really is. This location should not be on the website as a choice for customers to choose from its just unsafe. I will not recommended Priceline to anyone I know in the future. Being in the Military word of mouth goes far when you inform your soldiers of good places online to get deals. I know no one from Priceline will contact me about this as they hold no regard on good customer Service.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank joesantiago
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

thanks a lot for review and you most welcome for your next stay at our hotel and we will try to make your stay than your last stay.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was my first trip to Norfolk Va. I was surprised by the cleanliness and professionalism of the staff. the gentleman at the desk late night was very helpful and knew a lot about the area. I will be staying there again in the future.There are several restaurants close to the hotel.The hotel was very nice in general, it appeared to be newly renovated. Amenities such as Wi-Fi, parking, and a complimentary continental breakfast all contributed to making this hotel a very good choice for everyone stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rajip0001
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I do not give excellent or superior on any rating, however, this facility went above and beyond everything. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. They made you feel as if you were the only one there. Manger went beyond in finding an iPhone charger and sending to me. Our room was modern. The bed ensured a restful night's sleep. Great place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank sweetdreams8403
Vishal P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Surprised to see newly renovated upgrade, work well done, what was the place before and now it is upgraded to excellent standards, this ECONOLODGE, 865 N. MILITARY HWY IN NORFOLK, is located at a very convient location near major shopping areas mall and other commercial businesses and off-course not that far from the INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - NORFOLK. My stay with my family was orsam, we enjoyed our stay, the rate was good for the facilities and upgrade of this motel. I slept very well ans woke up very fresh and full of energy, the staff is very professional and the management took great care of the hygenic conditions, so the rooms were very clean. what can i ask for more?

Room Tip: I stayed on the north side of the building on the top floor, enjoyed my stay with my family.
1  Thank dilip p
Vishal P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Econo Lodge, Norfolk, VA

Reviewed 1 July 2013

i staid there with my co-worker and we had good time. rooms are newly renoveted, beds are very comfortable. very clean, we will go there for every time we will have any job to do in norfolk. me and my whole group like this hotel, also hotel location is very nice. evrything is close by even shopping mall for free time. free wifi, free breakfast and safe.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thanks you very much for your review.

We will look forward for your future stay.

Sincerely

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel is not fancy but really Clean and the rooms are newly renovated. Staff is really helpful & friendly too. They had done new bathroom, carpet, furniture, new walls, & Lobby. Their rates was also low compared to other economical brand. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to Norfolk/Virginia Beach area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vishal P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank You Very much for your Fantastic review and you most welcome for your next visit in Town.

Sincerely

Reviewed 27 June 2013

your hotel was fantastic ! i was blown away by far the best econo lodge in virginia beach ! gotta say keep up the work guys ! This has been a good experiance for me and my family, all i have to say is all the travelers passing by econo lodge i suggest you take a stop and get a room

Room Tip: stay at this hotel ! hotel has a very nice quality and rooms
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank You Very much for your Business and review for Econo lodge, Norfolk, VA.
You most Welcome for Next stay and we will try to make your stay better than what you had last time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport
Super Value Inn Ports Mouth/Olde Town Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University? Share your experiences!