Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University
  • Breakfast included
US$119
US$107
US$129
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport(Norfolk)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Pool
US$164
US$153
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have read many negative reviews about this particular property , however, after spending a night there it was not like I expected. The staff and service was excellent, the desk clerk was very knowledgable about the area and the hotel. Housekeeping was excellent. I found the room furniture and bedding to be in good taste, and the bathrooms and tub clean . There were no people hanging around even though some of the reviews I have read say that there are savory people hanging around. Over all my stay was excellent and I find that sometime people write negative things about hotels because they have had a negative experience somewhere else. Choice Hotels is world reknown, however, they always never advertise about the Econo Lodge Brand so to find a good Econo Lodge we should not write bad things about them as they are already paying too much for the Choice supposed to be advertising.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Triphampton
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thanks you very much for your review.

We will look forward for your future stay.

Sincerely

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Wanted to like this place based on the good review but really can't.
- Pull up the blanket and found really dirty bed cover. Turned out, I pull up too many layers. The bed consist of dirty mite cover, really old blanket, and really thin bed sheet. That's what you sleep on. The top layers consist of another thin (see through) sheet and old comforter. That's what you put over you at night. It neither felt clean nor comfortable.
- Bath amenities consisted of a mini soap and partially used mini shampoo. Yes, used. Two bath towels provided weren't much better. One had dark spots in the middle, the other had red stains around the edge.
- Remodeled room that still looks old. New coat of paint can't cover up the old smelly room. Expensive Herman Miller chair in room, why? Fridge and microwave so dirty on outside you wouldn't want to touch it.
- Breakfast litterally consist of white bread, mini muffins, and coffee. Walked in then walked out in seconds. The picture is definitely not accurate not even close.
- Fee!!! Fridge and microwave fee. Didn't ask for them but I can take that. Then there's an unpublished HOTEL FEE added. Get real.
This place does not even worth an Econo Lodge name.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank 48Traveling
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

thanks a lot for review and you most welcome for your next stay at our hotel and we will try to make your stay than your last stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University Norfolk Airport (ORF)
865 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502
757-461-4865
It took me a while to gather my thoughts so I could submit this I felt so ripped off when I arrived at my destination. The location was unsafe, and filthy. There where drug dealers walking around the premises of the building as well as drug users. The place was very very dirty the smell of urine reeked as soon as I stepped out of my vehicle. I contacted Customer Service and explained what I found and stated that it was just unsafe for me to stay there and they basically told me we are so sorry but to bad there is nothing we can do. The attended laughed and stated “Didn’t you know where you were staying.” When I requested a refund because of the conditions. I feel that Priceline.com did not have an ounce of appreciation for its customers when I encountered this. I did not expect to be treated like this or have my life placed in harm’s way. I asked if they would be willing to put me in another hotel and was told no. The pictures online seemed to be enhanced because they are nothing compared to what this place really is. This location should not be on the website as a choice for customers to choose from its just unsafe. I will not recommended Priceline to anyone I know in the future. Being in the Military word of mouth goes far when you inform your soldiers of good places online to get deals. I know no one from Priceline will contact me about this as they hold no regard on good customer Service.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Joe S

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was my first trip to Norfolk Va. I was surprised by the cleanliness and professionalism of the staff. the gentleman at the desk late night was very helpful and knew a lot about the area. I will be staying there again in the future.There are several restaurants close to the hotel.The hotel was very nice in general, it appeared to be newly renovated. Amenities such as Wi-Fi, parking, and a complimentary continental breakfast all contributed to making this hotel a very good choice for everyone stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rajip0001
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I do not give excellent or superior on any rating, however, this facility went above and beyond everything. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. They made you feel as if you were the only one there. Manger went beyond in finding an iPhone charger and sending to me. Our room was modern. The bed ensured a restful night's sleep. Great place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank sweetdreams8403
Vishal P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013