“Not bad for a one night stay”

Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel was welcoming and the location was convienent to the airport. Quick on/off access to the major highway.
The room itself was clean and as the description indicated.
The bed was old...squeeky and uncomfortable. The Bathroom seemed like a redone closet. I was only staying here by myself for the night so I didn't really mind. Nothing special and no pleasant surprises...it is was it is.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Thank you for your comments we appreciate all of guest opinions and observations. We are glad you were satisfied with your stay and take note of your comments about the bed. I would agree, a long term stay would be better in a larger room and that is why we have the Quality Suites in the next building. So consider that the next time you visit us. Thanks again for staying at Lake Wright.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport

Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

Located next to the Quality Inn this hotel offers small basic rooms with basic amenities and free breakfast...

Long terms parking available since located near the airport... Complimentary shuttle as well...

Very nice and safe area located near a nice golf course...

Many restaurants nearby and conveniently situated next to the highway and airport...

Old tv in room, small fridge and traditional round shapes shower...

Decent wifi Internet and restaurant on the premise...

Commentary breakfast in the morning...

• Stayed: April 2013
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you for comments and for staying with us. We appreciate the comments from all our guests, they help us do a better job. We hope to see you again in the future. Thanks for travelling.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Arrived expecting the same deal as I always got--park and fly at no extra charge. Was informed it would be $28. First time I have ever been charged extra for it, and other motels usually provide it for free as long as you stay with them on one end of the trip.

So let's rethink the whole deal. I'll be gone 6 days. Stay here and pay $28 + $5 tip for the shuttle driver each way=$38. Airport parking is $7/day X 6=$42, and I don't have to get up early to meet the shuttle (and miss the breakfast that doesn't start until 7), or wait 20 minutes for it on the return trip. Think I'll drive myself to the airport and consider staying elsewhere next time. (Ramada is $20 cheaper.)

As a choice privileges loyalty program platinum member, I expected more.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

We regret that you were disappointed in our park & fly program. This program has been in place for a few years now and as you mention $28 is different from $42. One could conclude that previously you assumed it was at no cost and left your car. The fact that perhaps we could have done more to keep our guests informed is of concern as well. As in making sure they know that telling the Front Desk when they need to leave for the airport so the shuttle is available and making sure our guest know that breakfast begins at 6:30 week days and 7:00 on the weekend.
We apologize your short visit did not meet your expectations, as it apparently did before, we hope to we can do a better job on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

I recently needed to have a room for a night due to a habitability issue at another hotel. This property was the only one near the airport with any availability.

The room was:
- Clean enough at first glance, on closer inspection, however, the carpet was stained with several dark spots the size of quarters. .
- The in-room fridge had the previous occupant's half eaten leftover BBQ ribs in it.
- The room door has a 1/8" gap under it which let in light, cold air and noise.
- The thermostat did not work other than to turn on the a/c - heater window unit fan. It was 30 deg F that night and even though it was set to heat and the temperature was set to 85 F, the unit never came on.
- The walls are thin to the point you can hear normal conversation in the neighboring rooms. The first couple times a neighbor opened and closed their door I thought someone was entering my room or was so loud.
- The management wasn't rude, but it was obvious they lacked customer service training.

Had I not been desperate for a place to sleep, I would have gone elsewhere. Fortunately, my prior hotel was footing the bill due to the issues I had with their property. Had my health not been an issue I would have gone back to my prior hotel to tough it out.

Bottom line, I'll NOT be staying at a Sleep Inn again unless out of necessity.

• Stayed: March 2013
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry they are so negative and that your stay was not what you expected. It appears that housekeeping did not do their job properly and that is not acceptable. While I can not explain why your HVAC unit did not function, I am surprised that the front desk did not move you to another room. I apologize that your stay was uncomfortable and ask that you not judge us or any property on just one visit. I hope you may visit us again and we get the opportunity to show we can do better.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Have stayed here several times on business. Rates fluctuate way too much to be my "go-to" Choice Hotel in Norfolk area. WiFi was slow on last stay, but treadmill was functional after an error code forced me to un-plug the unit and re-boot. It had been broken on two previous stays, which caused me to use another Choice Hotel in the area. Gotta have a treadmill, right?

Breakfast at this Sleep Inn is really a hit with the patrons. REAL scrambled eggs. Bacon. Sausage. GRITS!!!!! Biscuits & Gravy. And all the healthy stuff as well. Of course, it FREE. :)

All-in-all, it's actually a good value, and stays busy, it appears, with plenty of military-related visitors and contractors filling the rooms. Would recommend it as long as they keep up with the maintenence of the place.

Room Tip: This is in a fairly quiet setting quite a way off Northampton Blvd., but rooms on the EAST side are...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for your comments and for your visit with us. We are happy to offer our full hot breakfast in our Quality Suites to our Sleep Inn guest. We want all of our guest to enjoy their stay and strive to make every stay a memorable one. Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Fantastic Price for being so close to VA Beach. The rooms were clean and comfortable! Staff were nice and friendly! Didn't swim but the pool looked fun. There is no microwave in the room, but there is in the lobby. Rooms are ajoining and the walls are very very thin! It was hard to sleep when the guests next to us were talking or watching TV. I would suggest if you are verbally giving any sort of personal information in your room, to do it with a very small voice. Breakfast was a little disappointing...lots to offer, great variety, but very very greasy! Laudry rooms available, coin style. The washers were great, but the dryers definately need a good cleaning, lint traps and all, and probably because of this, doesn't dry very well. They also serve out-of-pocket dinner, didn't partake, but it smelt great!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeteciaE
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to mention your stay and thank you for staying with us. Your comments, both good and not so good, do help us do a better job of caring for our guests. We hope to see you again and thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

I had a 3 night stay at this Hotel the first week of January. The staff was very friendly, The room was nice and clean with a king size bed. This Hotel was quiet and clean. Very good deal for the money I will be staying there again in May.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dennis J
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. Guest feed back lets know how to better serve our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in May.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Quality Suites at Lake Wright
Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beach / Norfolk Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beac...
#53 of 109 in Virginia Beach

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!