DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My stay was enjoyable. The computers/printer in the lobby made it easy to print my boarding pass before arriving at the airport. The shuttle drivers were cordial and made getting to and from the airport a breeze. The only negative that there was obvious construction on floor 5 which left a lot of dust residue which the cleaning staff didn't bother wiping away. That could have been a sticking point for me, because it was obvious that the shelf hadn't been touched and my towels just sat right on top of the dust - hence low marks for cleanliness. Oh and the restaurant Max and Erma's ... three, four thumbs down. Service was ridiculously slow for two burgers. Its as if they had to go out back and slaughter to cows. Waitress tried to be friendly, but the food was cold by the time she brought it to the table.

1  Thank Lisa J

Reviewed 24 April 2014

the room was good, the beds comfortable, but the a/c didnt work very well and I had to force the elevator doors open to get in and out. I apparently have to type more so it is in a good area close to the airport and they do have a shuttle that will pick you up and drop you off for no charge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a very nice and affordable hotel near the Norfolk Airport. The Double Tree Cookie is always a nice touch but with so many allegies you should consider not using walnuts. Max and Erma's is a nice hotle restaurant and open late which is great.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed on the 2nd floor - before bedtime you could hear footsteps all over the room in the floor above us. Got by that thinking kids and excitement, etc. Not so much - next morning at 5 A.M. could hear even more footsteps !!! IF IF I ever stay here again will request a top floor. Noise level in rooms is not acceptable. Clearly an older venue that doubltreee remodeled ...did a great job with accommations in the room but nothing was done to help with noise !!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
LeeS680, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your comments!!! Please reach out to me directly the next time that you are in Norfolk and I will ensure that you are on a high floor. I do apologize for the other guests that created this memory of our facility and I look forward to the opportunity of Creating a Rewarding Experience for you in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Upon arrival, I noticed the hair and other stains in the bathroom sink. As I looked around, I could tell that the bathroom vanity was not clean. Even the soap dish had residue from the previous guests. Overall, the room was not clean. I was surprised because all of my previous stays at a DoubleTree property were pleasant.

1  Thank Antwoine D
DellE1992, Executive Assistant at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We are sorry that you encountered housekeeping issues during your stay with us. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great atmosphere,staff was very friendly and nice.. Room was clean... Very nice place to stay in VA Wonderful place to stay... Very close to the mall and beaches.. FUN Spot.. I love Doubletree Hotels. I enjoyed my stay with my family and family..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! We are continually striving for an enhanced product and superior service. I look forward to meeting you the next time that you are in Norfolk!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The room (415) needs work the entrance was sticking. You had to put your shoulder into the door to close it. The A/C didn't cool the room The positive side Ms Ellie is a top of the line receptionist, however everyone gave service with a smile.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments! All too often we cannot make a difference if we are not aware of the issues that at times are very prevelent and should have been corrected prior to your arrival. I wanted to assure you that the isses you mentioned have been rectified in that specific room as well an enhanced attention to detail that I have personally delivered with my team. Please let me know the next time that you are in town and I ensure your stay is a memorable one.