“TIP FOR SOILED SHEETS”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 3 July 2014

When you have soiled sheets, don't expect the maid to see the soiled sheets even if you leave them exposed. Recommend you remove the sheets from the bed so as to force the maid to remake the bed with clean linen.

1  Thank Roger P

Reviewed 1 July 2014

When I wrote that we had stayed at the Double Tree last weekend, I gave a report on our stay. 1 bathroom door would not stay closed. 2 basin hot/cold mixed--easy to get burned 3vent in bathroom full of dust--no wonder there was no exhaust fan. 4 noisy--children running halls AM/PM

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DellE1992, Executive Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, all guest feedback is appreciated as it assists us in making improvements to our product and services. Our goal is to provide each guest an outstanding experience and I apologize that we failed to meet this objective. Should you find yourself traveling to our area in the future we hope you will afford us another opportunity to be of service.

E. Dellinger

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The stay at this hotel was a good experience overall. My family and I stayed here on vacation. I understand that this hotel was recently remodeled...I was a bit disappointed. The lobby is gorgeous and inviting, the rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. The warm chocolate chip cookie was great! We had an issue with the first room we were given. We had a block of rooms reserved on the 1 st floor and there was mold growing on a space in the ceiling in my room. The front desk was very nice and reassigned me another room on the 4th floor. This room was much better well lighted and slightly bigger and no mold. I wish they would have blocked all our rooms on the upper floors. The kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub and having a bar on the premises was nice. I will probably stay here again but it will not be my first choice. I think their sister hotel Hampton inn and suites was a much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has good lighting typically on the front-end of the hotel. Don't book a room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is very average. There are no microwaves in rooms, and the restaurant was very average. The food was average, but a dessert I had was very dried out. Coffee for breakfast not good as the coffee in rooms was better.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was told the hotel was completed renovated. Not true. Furniture in the room was worn and showing age. The room cleanliness was sub-standard. The public areas of the hotel have been renovated. Considering what I was told- my expectations were certainly not met.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Most of the people were nice, but the King Suite was a joke. The bathroom is barely large enough for one person let alone two. The toilet seat was the wrong size for the toilet so you were actually sitting on the toilet bowl not the toilet seat. This toilet seat also prevented opening and closing of the door when the seat is down. This is how tiny the bathroom was. With my three nights at the hotel they were unable to fix this problem. The hot water and cold water in the kitchenette was reversed. How embarrassing. The front doors of the suite were very insecure. I could have pushed them open, while being locked, with no problem at all. The space in the main room is very nice, and the bed is extremely comfortable. I love the fact that they accept dogs, which is the reason I stayed here. Max & Ermas is a great place to eat, with great staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DellE1992, Executive Assistant at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Joshua Ray W:

We sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We certainly appreciate your detailed feedback and I can assure you that we will address your concerns with our management team. If you would like to further discuss your stay, please contact me at the hotel 757 466 8000.

Esther

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Everything one could want in one-night stay. Good bkfst buffet at Max & Erma's. Would use again. Clean room, quiet, convenient to highway and airport. Excellent cookie to boot. Convenient parking. Soft towels.

Room Tip: Away from elevator, definitely.