DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
longwood, United States
“Norfolk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great stay at the Double Tree at norfolk Airport. The staff was very accommodating. We arrived late evening, and was happy there were no issues with the registration or hotel stay. Do wish the buffet could be warmer

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. The food was good, the cleanliness was very good. I will stay at Double Tree again. The Location is near the airport making it very easy access to the departure gate. The Bar tender at the restaurant was very helpful with the menu and the service was good. When I arrived at the hotel I was given a ward cookie and it was very good. It was a very speedy check in and the Hotel attendant was very nice. The price for the room was very reasonable and I felt like I received a bargain for my stay. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had an early flight. It was no problem getting to the airport. I could have taken a shuttle, but I had to return a rental car. The Convenience, the quality of service, the hospitality, the Food and the location make this Double Tree an excellent choice for a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

The title says it all. I should have changed rooms, but I'm too nice a guy and would have embarrassed the staff if all the rooms smelled like that. The restaurant was below average, but the staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DellE1992, Executive Assistant at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. As we are a smoke free hotel it is disappointing to hear that your room smelled of smoke. Your comments have been shared with our Director of Housekeeping who will have the room deep cleaned to eliminate any traces of the smoke smell. Again thank you for your feed back and we hope to have you as a guest in the future.

E. Dellinger

Travellers are raving about these Norfolk hotels

Norfolk, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

When you have soiled sheets, don't expect the maid to see the soiled sheets even if you leave them exposed. Recommend you remove the sheets from the bed so as to force the maid to remake the bed with clean linen.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Roger P
Providence Forge, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

When I wrote that we had stayed at the Double Tree last weekend, I gave a report on our stay. 1 bathroom door would not stay closed. 2 basin hot/cold mixed--easy to get burned 3vent in bathroom full of dust--no wonder there was no exhaust fan. 4 noisy--children running halls AM/PM

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DellE1992, Executive Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, all guest feedback is appreciated as it assists us in making improvements to our product and services. Our goal is to provide each guest an outstanding experience and I apologize that we failed to meet this objective. Should you find yourself traveling to our area in the future we hope you will afford us another opportunity to be of service.

E. Dellinger
Madison Heights, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The stay at this hotel was a good experience overall. My family and I stayed here on vacation. I understand that this hotel was recently remodeled...I was a bit disappointed. The lobby is gorgeous and inviting, the rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. The warm chocolate chip cookie was great! We had an issue with the first room we were given. We had a block of rooms reserved on the 1 st floor and there was mold growing on a space in the ceiling in my room. The front desk was very nice and reassigned me another room on the 4th floor. This room was much better well lighted and slightly bigger and no mold. I wish they would have blocked all our rooms on the upper floors. The kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub and having a bar on the premises was nice. I will probably stay here again but it will not be my first choice. I think their sister hotel Hampton inn and suites was a much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has good lighting typically on the front-end of the hotel. Don't book a room...