All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesnorfolk airportbusiness trippleasant staywould stay here againeasy accessvirginia beachmaxshuttlereunionconveniencemaintenanceclerk
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very nicely renovated facility. Formerly a full scale Hilton, the staff & management still treats the guest as such. Rooms are very well furnished and maintained, From the moment we arrived until we departed the staff provided top notch friendly service. The entire hotel is very well maintained, neat, clean and it was a pleasure to stay there. We were attending a Ship's Reunion, as such the services provided to our group was above and beyond the call to duty. On our 1st full day upon returning from our tour of the Naval facilities, we were welcomed back to the Hotel by the staff waving flags and giving us a hardy cheer "Thank You for Your Service". (Photo attached). The hotel provided local van service to both the airport and close-in shopping/eating establishments. Mac & Erma's Restaurant on site (separate review)

Room Tip: I booked 3 rooms - 1 family 2 Queen beds on 2nd floor & 2 adjoining King rooms on the 5th floor. All the rooms were nice and well furnished.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for a night before heading onto the Outer Banks. Close to a lot of essential retail (Target, Walmart, food chains, starbucks), and the airport. Customer Service was great, you get a free warm cookie upon arrival. They turned off the A/C in the main lobby which left the place feeling very hot and humid. Not what you'd expect from a Double Tree.

Rooms have been half updated. They still look old, but with a few modern upgrades. Bed were medium on firmness. Free HBO!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great stay at the Double Tree at norfolk Airport. The staff was very accommodating. We arrived late evening, and was happy there were no issues with the registration or hotel stay. Do wish the buffet could be warmer

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. The food was good, the cleanliness was very good. I will stay at Double Tree again. The Location is near the airport making it very easy access to the departure gate. The Bar tender at the restaurant was very helpful with the menu and the service was good. When I arrived at the hotel I was given a ward cookie and it was very good. It was a very speedy check in and the Hotel attendant was very nice. The price for the room was very reasonable and I felt like I received a bargain for my stay. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had an early flight. It was no problem getting to the airport. I could have taken a shuttle, but I had to return a rental car. The Convenience, the quality of service, the hospitality, the Food and the location make this Double Tree an excellent choice for a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The title says it all. I should have changed rooms, but I'm too nice a guy and would have embarrassed the staff if all the rooms smelled like that. The restaurant was below average, but the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DellE1992, Executive Assistant at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. As we are a smoke free hotel it is disappointing to hear that your room smelled of smoke. Your comments have been shared with our Director of Housekeeping who will have the room deep cleaned to eliminate any traces of the smoke smell. Again thank you for your feed back and we hope to have you as a guest in the future.

E. Dellinger