DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
US$189
US$145
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

US$149
US$155
US$151
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

US$132
  • Pool
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

US$125
US$113
  • Pool
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

US$142
US$137
US$144
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesnorfolk airportwould stay here againpleasant staybusiness triphotel staffvery nice hotelva beachshuttlereunionconveniencemaintenance
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed one night to be closer to the airport before leaving on vacation to avoid base traffic. The hotel is beautifully decorated. The bed was comfy. The bathroom was slightly small. The shower was nice and the towels large. The front desk staff were professional & polite.
The problem we encountered (which is typical of most hotels) is the walls are PAPER THIN. Our "neighbors" were extremely loud (it sounded like there were 6-10 people in one room) until well after mid-night. This did not bode well for us since we had to be up at 2:30 a.m. to be at the airport by 3:30 a.m. We could hear conversations from the room beside us & above us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LeeS680, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I apologize for your lack of sleep! We have made changes to our overnight coverage to ensure a peaceful nights rest. Our staff will immediately respond to any concerns as well as the standard floor checks. Please reach out to me directly the next time that you are in town and I will make sure that you have a room at the end of the corridor and on a floor that does not have groups.

Lee Severino

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here for a weekend for a nearby family gathering, and traveled alone. Having flown all day across the country, I was very pleased with the warm and professional greeting by the Front Desk personnel. They were helpful and efficient. And I got my cookie.

I was less pleased with the overall hotel. I'd booked the hotel's best room/suite, which was admittedly huge but sparsely furnished. The mini kitchen was great, nice fridge and decent coffee. I liked having an in-room safe and there was plenty of closet space. The flat screen tv easily swiveled from the living area to the sleeping area.

But the overall look and feel of the room was mediocre and cheap. This hotel did not have the standard two-room suites I am used to with the Doubletree brand. The bathroom was barely big enough for one, much less the four people that my room was advertised to hold The bathroom door could not be closed if the toilet seat was down (not kidding, i think it was due to round bwith matched w/oval seat). The king bed sagged at the edge of the side everyone apparently sleeps on. Two lights were out when I arrived (they were quickly replaced). I had to call twice for foam pillows that had been requested online prior to arrival.

The biggest problem was the front door. It opened outward, which meant I could not use a doorstop or even use a chair to prevent entry. When fully closed, the double door had an open space of at least 1/2" -- I did NOT feel safe. The noise from the hallway was unrelenting (WHY do so many vacationing parents allow their children to run wild through the hallways of hotels?). I might have asked to be moved but I knew the hotel was full for the first two of my three night stay.

The food options were also problematic. The room service menu sounded delicious, but the first three items I selected were unavailable. The poor girl on the phone eventually gave up and brought me a menu from the on-site restaurant, Max & Erma's. My eventual order from that menu was very good. In the morning, I wandered downstairs rather than trying the room service menu again. I found a standard buffet and helped myself --not realizing that the price of the buffet was not included with my room. My fault, i was happy to pay -- but I thought $15 was exorbitant for what I got.

Unfortunately, I would not recommend this hotel due to the safety issues I had with the room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ellipooh
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Loved the room with the fridge and safe, but the hallways did not have air. Debbie at the front desk was very nice, but obviously had too much to deal with. I desperately needed to borrow a pair of scissors, went to the front desk three times, apparently someone else had borrowed the only pair and not returned them. A man who seemed to be in maintenance, and he also drove the shuttle, stepped up and helped me by going upstairs to the offices to find a pair. The shuttle is a nice service. The restaurant has absolutely horrible service. We ate their for lunch and it took forever to get our salads. Then at dinner our table of five sat down and we waited at least twenty minutes before our waitress came over to offer to take our drink order. She had been too busy clearing tables in the other room. She just caught us before we walked out. Better management is needed here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheryl F
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very nicely renovated facility. Formerly a full scale Hilton, the staff & management still treats the guest as such. Rooms are very well furnished and maintained, From the moment we arrived until we departed the staff provided top notch friendly service. The entire hotel is very well maintained, neat, clean and it was a pleasure to stay there. We were attending a Ship's Reunion, as such the services provided to our group was above and beyond the call to duty. On our 1st full day upon returning from our tour of the Naval facilities, we were welcomed back to the Hotel by the staff waving flags and giving us a hardy cheer "Thank You for Your Service". (Photo attached). The hotel provided local van service to both the airport and close-in shopping/eating establishments. Mac & Erma's Restaurant on site (separate review)

Room Tip: I booked 3 rooms - 1 family 2 Queen beds on 2nd floor & 2 adjoining King rooms on the 5th floor. All the rooms were nice and well furnished.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for a night before heading onto the Outer Banks. Close to a lot of essential retail (Target, Walmart, food chains, starbucks), and the airport. Customer Service was great, you get a free warm cookie upon arrival. They turned off the A/C in the main lobby which left the place feeling very hot and humid. Not what you'd expect from a Double Tree.

Rooms have been half updated. They still look old, but with a few modern upgrades. Bed were medium on firmness. Free HBO!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business