All reviews double tree warm cookies max and ermas norfolk airport business trip pleasant stay easy access very nice hotel convenient location virginia beach shuttle reunion convenience maintenance clerk
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is nice but nothing special. I did not like the fact that we were not told about having to pay extra for the breakfast at check in because I would have done so. We were there for a ball tournament and it rained. I wanted to cancel two of the three nights there and were told I needed to give 48 hours notice. So I did for the last night and the manager came out and told me there was a three night minimum. Not very helpful! just did not enjoy my experience there at all but the hotel was just ok.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2014

When walking in, the lobby is not like the other doubletree hotels. It could use some updates. The room and hallway has a 1980 feel to it. The carpets are sticky and the ceiling has many patches. The toilet was moving when flushing, the bathroom needs some work.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
LeeS680, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We cannot make a difference without your comments! I will have Housekeeping check the areas as to where your room was located to ensure the carpets are taken care of. My engineering team will take care of the issues outlined in the room that you stayed in. Thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

While attending a presentation of a plaque for a captain's gig (a boat used by a naval vessel's captain to go between ship and shore) being placed on USS WISCONSIN in Norfolk, we chose to stay at the Double Tree near the airport. GREAT staff, from desk to room to dining room made the stay comfortable and easy. We even stayed an extra day!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind comments! We are striving to make sure each guest takes away a memorable experience!

Gnerela Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2014

we stayed at this hotel for family vacation on July the 18th the rooms were a little damp.The staff was friendly and guest services was very helpful, I went to Debbie for everything and we had four rooms on the first floor and she was right on point.Thanks again.

2  Thank rodholloman
LeeS680, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

We appreciate your comments! I have my Engineering department checking into the damp feeling on the First floor as described. You just confirmed to me that Debbie deserves a promotion!

Kind Regards!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I loved coming back to this hotel after work everyday. The staff was very friendly and warm. I felt 'at home' here. The only thing I had trouble with was internet. The hotel has wifi and GOV laptops aren't allowed to use wifi. I would stay here again as long as it was a short trip due to no access to email.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great comments!!! In less than two weeks we should have a bandwidth upgrade in place that should exceed expectations. Additionally, we have just received a supply of bridges for Government use! Just ask the desk the next time that you in and they will take care of you.

Look forward to your next stay!