Please keep in mind I travel every week for work. 3 nights in a hotel on average, mostly Hiltons. I don't normally put up reviews, but had to so that other travelers don't encounter what I have.
The employees here are friendly. Couldn't be nicer. The problem is that their systems, computers, etc don't work.
I checked in, but the key machine wasn't working so I sat in the lobby for 15 minutes. Instead of keeping me waiting they walked me into the room to wait until the machine was fixed.
The biggest problem was the internet. It barely worked the entire visit. To make this problem worse, cell service is horrible here as well. I know that the cell issue is not necessarily the hotels, but with the internet being so bad it doesn't help.
If you don't need internet or cell service you will enjoy your stay. If you need either I highly recommend staying away. Just a thought from a Hilton Diamond member and big Hilton fan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport. Located in the heart of Hampton Roads, this DoubleTree property features complimentary shuttle service to and from Norfolk International Airport. This hotel’s prime location off I-64 offers guests easy access to local attractions from the Norfolk Naval Base to the Virginia Beach oceanfront.Our newly renovated hotel features all of the comforts you expect with DoubleTree. Indulge in our signature DoubleTree cookie when you arrive, make yourself at home in one of our comfortable, stylish guest rooms, check emails with the complimentary WiFi, and settle in for a great night’s rest in our Sweet Dreams bedding. Enjoy the convenience of being just a quick drive from major military installations including Norfolk Naval Base, Little Creek Amphibious Base, and Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. In addition, our corporate partners nearby include CMA CGM, Zim American Shipping, Wellpoint, Virginia Oncology, and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.Visit our onsite restaurant, Max & Erma’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Or opt to order room service and dine in the comfort of your own guestroom. If you are looking for a site to host your next meeting or social event, consider the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport. Our elegant banquet space can accommodate up to 300 guests in the Commonwealth Ballroom or 120 guests for a more intimate setting in the Willoughby Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Norfolk Airport Hotel Norfolk
- Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
- Norfolk Hilton