“Enjoyed The Stay”

Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Hotel was nice, had a great view whether your room faced the city or the waterfront and the staff all were professional, friendly, helpful and knowledgable! I plan to stay there again, on my next trip to Norfolk . . .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank fhsmct
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel and for sharing your warm remarks regarding our friendly and attentive customer service and breathtaking views. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting our area.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here for one night and was impressed with the hotel. I had an amazing view from my 8th floor room. All of the staff were lovely. Wifi is $10/ day and parking is something like $23 if you let them valet it for you or $13 if you park in the garage your self (not too far of a walk). Everything was clean in the room and the rest of the hotel was very impressive. I unfortunately did not get to check out any of the amenities. Only downside was that someone had set the alarm to go off at 6:30am so I woke up a little earlier than I had intended. I unplugged it to ensure that it did not go off for the next person staying in the room.

Room Tip: Waterside rooms have an amazing view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

We are delighted that we could impress you with our services. We'd like to mention that our current parking rates are $22 a day for valet and self-parking is $12 a day with in and out privileges. We regret any inconveniences that you endured during your visit and we hope you'll have the opportunity to visit again and enjoy everything the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very comfortable bed and very clean room. Radio alarm clock did not work but I received a replacement in half hour. My room had waterfront view of a ship yard.Their recommended cab company, Black and White, performed well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit with us at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. We do regret that your alarm clock was not working during your stay and we are glad that you brought this concern to our attention so we could immediately rectify the issue. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel was very nice. Right on the water. We ended up getting an upgrade to a corner room with a partial (nearly full) water view. Bed was comfortable, room was clean. It lacked a fridge or microwave and the balcony overlooking downtown Norfolk was quite loud due to the street noise. Room service was pricey, but overall a great stay. Parking is either valet (right in front of the hotel) or self park which is a good little distance from the hotel. Guess that is the cost of being on the water. Priceline was the way to go on this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We're delighted that you enjoyed your upgrade and views of the water. Keep in mind that a refrigerator and microwave is available upon request. We do regret any inconveniences with room service and we will keep your feedback in mind. If you'll be traveling back to our area, we hope you'll choose to stay with us again at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was in the area for a weekend conference in Portsmith. I stay at the Norfolk Sheraton because the hotel allowed small dogs. The commute between the Marriott in Portsmith and the Norfolk Sheraton was a cinch via the water taxi ($1.50 each way). I arrived at the Sheraton late and I was tired. The front desk clerk greeted me with a smile and a friendly hello. The check in process was very fast and efficient. I had a room with a king size bed facing the water. The room was large, comfy and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The gym is small but well equipped. The restaurant serves a nice buffet for breakfast on the weekends. The wait staff, the host and the woman making the waffles and omelets were all very friendly. They worked well as a team making sure everyone was taken care of from the time you arrived to the time you left. The breakfast food was tasty for a buffet and very affordable. After my breakfast on Saturday, I was already looking forward to eating there again on Sunday morning. When I returned to my room after breakfast on Saturday, the room attended greeted me and asked if I needed any special when she cleaned the room. That was a nice touch! The hotel is close to a lot of attractions. The parking garage is about a 3 minute walk away from the hotel, but close enough. I truly enjoyed my stay and thank the employees at this hotel for making my time away from home a little nicer.

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

We truly appreciate your kind review of our Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. It was a pleasure to welcome you to our pet-friendly hotel for your weekend conference and we're glad that our convenient location to the water taxi worked out so well for your travel. We will certainly pass along your lovely words to our staff. Thank you for sharing and we hope you will visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to Norfolk and decided to book a hotel near my nephew's condo. Location was perfect- close to a nice mall, beautiful view of the river and a river walk - had a great visit. The gym was small but had adequate equipment. Bedding, (especially those pillows), was inviting. Small "balcony" off the room was nice to get some fresh air. Parking was a bit strange- valet parking was around $22 per night; garage was available for a moderate fee but was a few blocks away. Biggest complaint was the walls were super thin! Heard the man in the room next to me blowing his nose - I thought someone was in my bathroom- that's how loud it was. Otherwise a nice property!

Stayed: January 2014
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

We are happy that we were able to accommodate you during your first trip in Norfolk. Thank you for sharing your impressions and honest comments regarding our fitness center, parking and accommodations. We are sorry to learn of the issues that you encountered during your stay and regret any frustrations due to noise disruptions from other guests. It was truly a pleasure to accommodate you and we are pleased to learn that our location worked out so perfectly for your trip. The next time you are in our area, we hope you'll choose the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel again.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The room is clean but everything else is a giant pain. First, the wifi wasn't working and it took about half an hour before they could give me a code that finally worked. They offered to let me use their computers but since I was here for business and not to do internet searches for restaurants, that wasn't a help. Second, as other commenters have noted, the walls are paper thin. Third, the water was lukewarm. It was lukewarm when I washed my face at night and lukewarm in the morning. Had to take a lukewarm shower. Then, the cleaning woman knocked at my door at 8 am wanting to know when I would be leaving. Really?!? I was awake, but I might well have still been asleep and it's now ok to wake me up to let you know if I might be out before my checkout time?!?!? You need to assume I am out at noon unless I give you my key earlier!! Not even remotely up to the Sheraton standards and I'm a gold Starwoods member. Not happy!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

At our hotel we always strive to offer exceptional levels of service. It is disappointing to know that your stay did not reflect our usual high standards and we would like to take this opportunity to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. As an SPG Gold member and valued guest, we regret your disappointment with our services and are sharing your comments with the appropriate departments for further review. On behalf of our housekeeping department, we hope you'll accept our heartfelt apologies. We understand your frustration and would like to assure you that your review is being forwarded to the head of our housekeeping department so this experience may be avoided in the future. Thank you.