“Wonderful accommodations, wonderful staff”

Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Virginia Beach, VA
“Wonderful accommodations, wonderful staff”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

If you ever need a place for an extended stay, such as around two weeks, this is the place to choose. The accommodations were very nice and clean with even dishes being provided, as well as a stove and microwave with a popcorn packet enclosed to make a guest feel welcome.

My husband and I needed to place his sister in a transitional living situation until the apartment she planned to move into became available. We were pleased with all staff, especially the assistant general manager, Dru A. Tripathi!! He could not have been more accommodating. He worked with us to be sure that our sister was comfortable, which was very helpful to her and put our minds at ease.

I cannot say enough good things about this place and about the staff who were all very courteous and helpful!

Room Tip: I cannot think of any right now. Do pay attention to the size of the closet if you wish to stay lon...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Elsie C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review regarding Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such an outstanding compliment.
We are pleased to recieve such great praise and acknowledgement. The staff at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport feely truly honored that a guest such as yourself was able to recognize their everyday efforts to enure great customer service.
Thank you once again for such a delightful comment. We hope that you will continue to use IHG for your future stays.

Elsie Cabrera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
North Carolina
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This hotel was relatively nice considering the value. It was a nice sized cozy studio style room, nice, neat and clean. Nothing spectacular about it but I didn't really expect so much for such a good price. I loved that it had a regular sized refrigerator and lots of counter space. Also the location was perfect; close to the malls, shopping centers and Walmart and Farm Fresh right down the street was a great convenience. The one problem I had with my stay was the ice maker in the refrigerator was not producing ice. The staff offered us another room but at that point we had already settled into our room and did not want to change. I would say overall my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Elsie C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
I am Elsie Cabrera the General Manager for Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. I am delighted and surprising experience during your recent stay with us. Our Suites speak for themselves. It is good to know that the staff did their best to accommodate you.
We hope that the next time you are traveling if not in our area but somewhere different you will continue to look towards Candlewood Suites as a great place to stay.
Norfolk
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

I love staying at the Candlewood! This place is by far the best in Norfolk, Va. The rooms are flawless, and very professional staff. Ask for Dru!! He is a very professional employee, who is dedicated to his job. His loyal devotion to his work reflects great credit upon himself and keeps with the highest tradition of IHG properties. The hotel has a fully sized kitchen, free laundry and a gas grill in the back. Higly recommended .

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Daunte C
Elsie C, Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Hello,

Your review brings great joy to all the staff at the Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. We want nothing but to give our best to our guests. And it seems that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Hampton Roads area you will consider staying with the Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I travel alot in my line of work and Candlewood Suites have the cleanest rooms, the friendliest people do deal with and the most comfortabe rooms for the amount of money . Dru at the Norfolk location is a wonderful person and helps in every way to make your stay is a great experience. I stay here whenever I am in town!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Vanessa E
When an experienced traveler such as yourself stops by our Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport and can give us such a wonderful review it brings a great amount of joy. It lets us all know that we are providing great service to each one of our guests.
We hope that you will continue using Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport as your hotel of choice when you are in the area.

Hartford
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stay at Candlewood Suites properties whenever possible when traveling by myself on business. They are consistant in their quality and value. The Norfolk Airport property is up to the standard and a great value. Close to shopping, and many restaurants. With a full kitchen area with full size refrigerator its a treat for this business traveler to cook my own meal once in a while. The staff is very friendly and willing to please. I strongly recommend you stay here on your next visit to Norfolk.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank steve375
Thank you so much for pointing the great location our hotel is in. Everything is within close proximity of the hotel. The Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport offers everything a person who is traveling on business might find themselves needing. We hope that you will consider us again next time you are in the Hampton Roads area.

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My husband and I have 4 kids we love this hotel as our fav retreat from the kids, the king suite is great, "Tiffany" the night front desk clerk, she is "OUTSTANDING", everytime, even though the fire alarm went crazy for 25min, and we had to go outside (issue on 4th floor) and the bed had come a loose, (easily fixed), her "CUSTOMER SERVICE" IS SO GRANDE, we couldnt complain. Thanks again for a great night sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Veronica V
First I would like to apologize about the inconvenience caused by the fire alarm. So good to hear that Tiffany was able to make your stay a pleasant one.
We hope you will continue using us as your retreat.

Norflolk
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have been working out of town for close to seven years. There have been plenty of ups and downs in regards to lodging. This hotel is one of the ups. The room is essentially an apartment with most of what you need for day to day living. The hotel has a gym and laundry that guests can use freely. The staff are courteous and willing to help. I have had dealings with most of the front desk staff and have found Dru to be particularly attentive, sharp, and efficient. I look forward to a continuing business relationship with this hotel.

John Casey

Room Tip: Lower floors mean quick elevator trips if any.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John K
Elsie C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Mr. John K.,

My name is Elsie Cabrera and I am the General Manager for the Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. I am so happy to hear that you found all you were looking for in our Suites. We want to offer nothing but the comfort of home to our guests. We hope that you will keep turning to the Candlewood Suites as your stop when visiting the area.